Bringing a whole lot of cozy, camp style to the holidays is definitely a fun choice, especially if you’re into plaid with a modest twist. Known as Buffalo Plaid or Buffalo check, its origins are Scottish and lie in the Rob Roy tartan of Clan MacGregor. Jock McCluskey, one of the family’s descendants, settled in Montana in the 1800s and traded this type of plaid blanket for buffalo pelts. The name buffalo plaid stuck and has become a staple pattern during the cold, winter months that endures today. We’ve rounded up 12 favorite gifts and trim for the holidays that will keep that campfire feel going strong. Happy gifting!
- Aytai Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree Skirt with Pom Pom Trim $21 Amazon Prime
- 8 Oak Lane Plaid Mug Set $50 Amazon Prime
- Plaid & Burlap Table Runner $12
- Wired Buffalo Plaid Ribbon – 10 Yards $24 Amazon Prime
- Buffalo Check Cotton Napkins – Set of 6 $13 Amazon Prime
- Plaid Dog Collar $11 Amazon Prime
- Buffalo Plaid Pennant Garland $30 Amazon Prime
- Ochenta Plaid Flannel Shirt $24 Amazon Prime
- Stone & Beam Buffalo Check Flannel Duvet Set $75 Amazon Prime
- Kbethos Winter Hat $13 Amazon Prime
- Canvas Firewood Tote $44
- Buffalo Check Pillow Covers $13 (inserts not included)
This post is brought to you by Amazon, where you can sign up for a free Amazon Prime trial membership if you aren’t already a Prime member. Our product picks and word are our own, now and always. Thanks for supporting our sponsors who help us bring you original and free content every weekday!