Lately I’ve been spending a lot of my break time falling into deep-dive Instagram holes. You know the type where you click at least 5-6 accounts deep in order to figure out who the artist in the background of a home photo is? Then you click on that artist’s desktop photo to figure out who makes the cool notebooks they have stacked at home? Oh wait, is that just me? Either way, that’s what my breaks have looked like lately. Internet overload aside, it’s led me to some amazing artists and makers whose works have been really inspiring me for the past few weeks.
One of those artists is Claudia Rossi (@directionutopia), an Italian architect living in London who creates colorful and surreal collages that call on classic designs from recent history. Claudia’s work always makes me smile and has been such a fun way to look at design less seriously and enjoy how whimsical things can be when you juxtapose great photos with bold color. I’ve shared some of my favorite pieces from Claudia’s feed above and below, but you can check out more of her work right here on Instagram. Until Monday, have a wonderful weekend! xo, grace
- Pick-Me-Up: Do you ever need a little pat on the back for getting some basic things done while managing your own business or a freelance career? The New Yorker has some mega-cool (and funny) badges to celebrate achievements like getting dressed and getting out of the house. I needed these.
- Cat-o-Clock: Cat-shaped bricks from Japan? Sign me up.
- Mirror Mirror: This minimal and sort-of retro rainbow mirror at CB2 from the Fred Segal collab is so great.
- Oh, Vicky: Have you seen comedian John Early’s hilarious video spot for the new Dusen Dusen textile line? His HSN-inspired impression of salesperson Vicky is spot on.
- Pink Forever: Meet my dream sofa. It’s way out of my budget, so someone else please order this so I can live vicariously through this dreamy blush vision.
- Wallpaper for the Win: Emily Henderson’s post on why wallpaper is worth the splurge totally sold me. Now I want a bold accent wall with a huge tree like hers.
- Desktop Downloads from Ionut Radulescu: Day 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (stay tuned for days 6 and 7 next week!)
- Interiors: A Mid-Century Design Buff Hits the Jackpot Outside Minneapolis, MN, In West Sussex, a Family Home Blossoms to Life, An Imaginative Family Home with Different Styles in Each Room
- Before & After: High, Low & Everything in Between: A Bathroom Update