Over the past few days I’ve been focusing on learning more, listening more and trying to balance, in some small way, the images of violence and death in the media with imagery that celebrates life and happiness. This is not an attempt to forget what is happening in our world, but to remember that there are still moments of happiness in this complicated mix.
Paola “Pao Pao” Mathé is one of the stylists we featured on DS two weeks ago and her feed has been a wonderful oasis of positive, colorful and hopeful images that celebrate the moments of beauty we find in between moments of heartbreak. If you’re looking for a place to feel uplifted for a moment and find some visual inspiration as well, check out Paola’s feed right here. xo, grace
- Time to get crafty: these 5 summer DIY ideas from OKL are chic and fun.
- Keep it Tidy: These inexpensive Japanese storage solutions at Remodelista are spot-on.
- Snip snip snip: This DIY cut paper wall hanging at Oh Joy! is colorful, fun and easy to make.
- The Best Music: Erykah Badu is using her concert funds to support the victims of sexual assault and rape in Detroit.
- Good Work: The New Stereotype (TNS) is celebrating “the many diverse layers of black life in America through fashion, photography and film.”
- Stairway to Heaven: I can’t get over these amazing patterned stairs (it’s a carpet!) I saw on Instagram.
- Must-Reads: The Space Between What We Say And What We Hear, 10 Instagram Feeds For Coffee Lovers
- DIY Projects: DIY Summer Pom-Pom Doorknob Garland
- Food + Drink: Jordan and Rejina’s Beef and Veg Glass Noodles, Ping Coombes’ Five-Spice Pork Rolls
- Decorating: 5 Decorating Ideas for Workspaces from Ministry of New in Mumbai, Lions, Tigers, Bears & Beyond: 15 Rooms That Celebrate Animals in Artwork
- Interiors: A Mid-Century Ranch House Gets a Major Renovation in Mississippi, In Pennsylvania, A Car Dealership Becomes An Industrial Home, A Wyoming Home Filled With Rainbows and Tumbleweeds, A Playhouse for Two Freelance Photographers in Emeryville, CA, An Actor’s Brooklyn Brownstone Honors His Heritage, In North Texas, a Maximalist’s Layered Bohemian Home
- Before & After: A Colorful Dual-Zone Space that Works Hard and Plays Hard, Making Safari & Outer Space Work for Baby and Guests Alike
- Life & Business: Dreaming Bigger Than Your Current Circumstances With Ashley R. Ryles