I can’t get enough of watercolor artist and illustrator Emily Proud‘s work. When the weather is as miserable as it is here in Brooklyn, all I want to do is surround myself with bright colors, watery textures that remind me of summer and as many pictures of flowers as I can find. Thankfully for me, Emily’s work delivers all of that in abundance and with such skill. I’ve been following Emily’s work for a while now and she has been raved about by every San Franciscan I know for being as kind and lovely in person as her work. So I didn’t miss a beat when we decided to invite some of our favorite artists and designers to share their favorite things here on D*S. Emily’s favorites include some seriously awesome shoes, the California poppies that so often appear in her paintings and, my favorite, beautiful scenes from her local Bay Area. Thanks so much to Emily for sharing these with us! xo, grace
Music: “Springish” by Gillicuddy
Click through for the full list after the jump!
Emily Proud’s Ten Favorite Things:
1) Favorite read: The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri.
3) Favorite brush: My 100% sable hair brush.
6) Favorite activity: Indoor rock climbing at Mission Cliffs.
7) Favorite jewelry: My Tuareg bracelet and the ring my grandmother left to me that I wear everyday.
9) Favorite dress: This Ace & Jig number I purchased last summer.