For that last-minute “I need a one-of-a-kind gift, like right now!” present, this hand-stamped, no-sew knit scarf is just the thing. The minty green and blue color palette make this scarf an excellent winter-to-spring transition piece, but you can come up with your own designs and color combos, as well. And don’t worry — we won’t make you tell just how easy and quick it was to pull together :) — Merrilee
Read the full how-to after the jump . . .
- 20″ x 68″ of knit fabric
- small wood cube blocks
- craft foam
- fabric paint
1. Draw and cut out a starburst shape (large and small), and trace them onto craft foam.
2. Cut out the starburst shapes from the craft foam and secure to wooden blocks (found at your local craft store) with hot glue to create stamps.
5. Go back through with the smaller starburst stamp to vary it up a bit.
6. Stamp the entire scarf until you are happy with the results. Lay the scarf flat until the paint is dry.
7. Once dry, your no-sew scarf is ready to wear! Drape it over a shoulder or loop it around in a cowl. Any way you wear it, it’s sure to look great!