Today I am thrilled and overjoyed to announce that our 2012 Design*Sponge Newspaper is out! Last year Amy, Kate and I embarked upon an incredibly last-minute journey to produce a print newspaper and had so much fun in the process. This year we decided to try again, but with a new theme: Summer Camp! Inspired by the 100 Year Anniversary of the Girl Scouts, we came up with 32 pages of ideas that will get you back in the camp frame of mind. From recipes and DIY projects to camp tours and puzzles, we wanted to gather a wide range of ideas that would inspire you to make something with your own two hands, whether that takes place in the great outdoors or in your own apartment. Want to know what’s inside? Here’s a preview of this year’s 32 page paper, organized by achievement badges (all of which were custom-designed and embroidered by Maricor/Marcar!):
- Camping Badge: Summer Camp Tour + Tips for creating your own indoor camp
- Crafting Badge: 4 camp-inspired DIY projects for the home
- Scavenger Badge: Illustrated Beach and Forest scavenger lists to take with you on trips. The paper’s decorative centerfold has spaces for you to pin or glue your finds for displaying!
- Camp Cook Badge: 3 recipes (drink, dinner and dessert) from The Jewels of New York that are perfect for summer camping
- Games Badge: Summer camp themed Rebus Puzzles and Matchstick Puzzles
- Storyteller Badge: The history behind some of our favorite camp crafts like Macrame and Tie Dye
WHERE TO FIND THE PAPER
Last year’s newspaper was a test-run with a limited distribution and we were thrilled to receive requests for the paper from across the globe. Our goal for this year was to have the paper available in print for anyone who wanted a copy, so I’m thrilled to announce that we will be selling the paper online, both domestically and internationally for anyone who wants a copy. In addition to online ordering, we are very happy to announce that the 2012 Design*Sponge Newspaper will be available in-store exclusively through Anthropologie. So, if you don’t want to wait for a copy to arrive in the mail, starting today you can visit ANY Anthropologie store (click here for all locations across the US) and pick up a copy in person for $5.
- In Person: Visit any Anthropologie store (store locations here) to pick up a copy for $5
- By Mail: Click here to order a copy online for $5 + shipping (Shipping costs: $1 domestic and $5 international)
Thank you so much to everyone who helped make this year’s paper possible. Amy Azzarito, Kate Pruitt, Walton Press, Anthropologie, Jenny Volvolski, Julia Rothman, Kim Krans, Lucy Engelman, Emily Anderson, Annica Lydenberg, Laura Buchan, Maricor/Maricar, Camp Wandawega, Jewels of New York and Anne McClain.
We threw a summer camp-themed party to celebrate the newspaper and our new office, so I thought I’d share some photos from that big night. Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with us and thank you to all of you for reading- I hope you enjoy this year’s paper! xo, grace