it’s been a long week here at d*s but things are just getting started. over the past week we’ve been working on adding new columns- and writers- to the d*s lineup and the first week of august they’ll all be revealed- along with a special gift for d*s readers to celebrate design*sponge’s 5 year anniversary (i can’t believe it’s been that long!). so to gear up for the big push, i’m heading home to virginia today to rest up and soak in some family time before i jump back into crazy work-land. but before i head off, i wanted to wish you all a wonderful weekend and end our week with some beautiful new textile designs from artist maxine sutton.
maxine recently released a beautiful series of kitchen textiles as well as DIY “miracle” sewing kits that are soon to be for sale on her new shop page. (just email maxine here to be added to her newsletter and find out when the items are for sale). i love the tea kettle cozies and fabric spoons- they’d be such a cheerful addition to any kitchen. click here to check out the collection online.
- MUST READ posts of the week: advertising 101 for small biz owners, advertising 101 for bloggers
- new city guide: portland, oregon!
- budget-friendly product guide: under $100 office accessories
- new sneak peeks: samantha of style/swoon (WOW!), jobs handtryck studio tour, diane stafford, old school stationers, studio tour: helle vibeke jensen, lisa mayock of vena cava, susan of esther k jewelry
- new diy projects: handmade citronella candles, fabric envelopes, video: shadowboxes with moomah
- new before & afters: chad’s filing cabinet planter, wen’s nightstand, jenn’s pottery barn crate artwork, chloe’s couch, miriam’s trunk + blair’s calling card board
- biz ladies 09: advertising 101 for small biz owners, advertising 101 for bloggers
- new recipe: in the kitchen with aran goyoaga’s lemon curd & buttermilk panna cotta cake
- from toast to post: vintage toast rack turned letter holder
- weeder’s digest: caring for tomatoes
- new d*s guest blog: guest posts from perfectbound studio
- ceramics: laura pregger lighting, 150ml vessel series
- reviving a domino favorite: 10 things that make me happy
- misc: felted magnets by feltgood, vintage wallpaper at variegated, amy atlas for sunday suppers, recycle LACMA