Design*Sponge Home Tours
Welcome! This page will walk you through the process of home tour submissions at Design*Sponge. From photo tips and guidelines to captions and design information, you’ll find everything you need here to complete your tour with our team. (For a more in-depth look at how we write home tours, click here)
I. Step One (Scouting Photos)
- To submit scouting photos, please take 1-2 photos of each room of your home (10-12 photos, max) in bright natural light. Email these photos to your DS writer. These photos shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to snap (we don’t need you to clean and style anything!)
- Within 10 days you will hear a response about the photos. If we move forward with a post together, you’ll start work on your final photos.
II. Step Two (Final photos)
- Please follow our detailed online photo guide for the best way to photograph the 15-20 final photographs we’ll need for your tour.
- Once your photos are complete, please email them to your DS writer.
- Within 10 days you will hear a response about the photos. Note: occasionally we need to reshoot a few images to get the strongest angle for a room.
- Once the photos are approved and finalized, we will move on to the final step: captions and personal information.
- Please note: we ask that final home tour photos not be posted on social media before the tours have been published.
III. Step Three (Text)
- Your DS writer will tell you which photos we’re using for your home tour post. Using those photos, you’ll be asked to submit captions, personal information and longer-form design questions.
Now you’re done! Thank you so much for sharing your home with us at Design*Sponge.