Over our summer break, thousands of people in Texas lost their homes, belongings and much more because of Hurricane Harvey. We’ve been discussing ways to give back on social media this past week, but before we start back with our regular content this week, I wanted to share some links below in case anyone wants to help out, donate or support those affected. Thank you, and to anyone in Texas who needs our support, please let us know if there are more specific ways our community can be of service — we are here for you. xo, Grace
- Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner created a Harvey relief fund through The Greater Houston Community Foundation. You can donate here.
- The Texas Diaper Bank is supporting babies and families in need, you can donate here.
- The Coalition for the Homeless of Houston/Harris County is supporting those without homes, you can donate here.
- The SPCA of Texas and Austin Alive are supporting displaced and rescued animals.
- The Texas Food Banks (see all links here, scroll down) are accepting donations.
- For more ideas and ways to help, visit NPR’s full list of suggestions.
Artwork above by Anne Kehn Designs at Etsy (Proceeds go to Hurricane Harvey Relief)