10 Socially Conscious Brands to Support

Share It

This past fall, I had the great privilege of attending the last In The Company of Women book tour event in Philadelphia. It was a week after the election. Spirits were understandably dashed, but definitely not defeated. The creative community came together, shed a few tears, laughed heartily and felt inspired by each other. Above all, there was a very palpable commitment to be stronger, more confident, to listen and to be heard.

I’m truly grateful for the Design*Sponge community because just when I start to feel the state of affairs weighing on me, I’ll read a post or jump on an assignment that reminds me of this: creativity and design are important! We designers can make an impact. We do not have to be made of time or money to support the causes we believe in because we can think outside the box.

I hope this roundup of 10 socially conscious brands inspires you not only to support these creative businesses, but also to find your own voice and your own way to stand up for your causes. I know they inspired me. This is merely scratching the surface, so please share other inspiring businesses or projects to support in the comments below. —Quelcy

1. sunshine says:

wow.wow.wow. thanks so much for this. stepping up my tshirt game. just ordered a standing rock t-shirt. great cause, great design!!!!

2. Shibani says:

ahh, I’ve been on an Amazon wait list for the Soup for Syria book for months! These are great businesses though- thanks for the roundup!

3. I’m a big fan of Five I Six Textiles. They work with a weaving co-op in Cote d’Ivoire and not only are the products gorgeous, they help build a sustainable business for the co-op. You guys should check them out.

4. Sasha says:

Thank you!! This was just what I needed today, a little ray of hope. And some great ideas the next time gift giving is in order.

5. Thank you for presenting such a thoughtful roundup, Quelcy. So honored to be included!! There are four more #walloflovesessions available, FYI and we’ve collectively donated over $4k so far. :)

6. sydney says:

thank you for posting this! I was feeling bogged down after last week’s news, so this is a wonderful reminder that we are not alone and there is so much beauty being created out of the rough. <3

7. Stephanie says:

http://www.reloom.org/ hires and trains homeless people in Atlanta.

8. Kaitlyn says:

Lovely ideas! I love this post!