10 Shops and Restaurants That Warm Up Winter All Season Long

Share It

I have this thing with shop decor — how shops merchandise, decorate for the seasons, what they do with their windows — I love it all. It goes back to when I was nine and traveled to New York City for the first time. I remember being so taken with shops there. It was January and even though it was cold and rainy outside, all the shops were so inviting and warm, because of the effort they had put into decorating for the season. The restaurants took that same road, from the art on the walls to the arrangements on the tables, each place where we ate paid attention to how the customer felt when they walked in. These retail spaces fostered a special environment, a warm place, one that you wanted to return to, over and over.

I’ve rounded up 10 places that give me that same sort of feeling I got when I was a child in NYC. Spots from London to Los Angeles, shops and restaurants, that all pay special attention to the feeling they will leave you with — or maybe something that draws you in, in the first place. —Erin

1. Shibani says:

I do too!! I love a beautifully decorated shop!! My wallet doesn’t but that’s another story ; )

2. Yay! I love this cheery round-up! Especially Olives & Grace, which I frequent quite often. Such a fun, welcoming, lively store. And the Paris Market, too! Love that spot :)

3. Christine says:

Oh My Goodness! So excited and proud to see Honeybournes on here. I am always inspired by window and wall displays I see on blogs like yours and I’m so lucky that Hannah (shop owner) gives me free rein to do what I like with them! Thank you for featuring our little corner of London.

4. Kay says:

Great post! I’ve been to the Paris Market in Savannah, + it’s wonderful. Savannah is not southern Georgia; it’s NE, nearly in South Carolina. Sorry to be the geography police. Off I go to look at the websites of all the shops + restaurants!

5. Moira says:

Honeybourne’s is a gem! Always beautiful!

6. Sharon says:

Great selection! Labour and Wait has been on my list for years but I haven’t been back to London!

7. Helen says:

The green tile on the outside of that shop is to-die-for! Love all of these! ❤️

8. Absolutely love the large peg board wall in the interior of Tiny Feast. I think they are a great way to constantly mix up your home’s wall decor. You can add a plant one week and switch it out for a cute picture frame the next. What a clever wall accessory!

9. Christine says:

Lovely roundup! Cambridge St. Kitchen is super yummy, and just as Cody as the Artist Residence hotel rooms upstairs. A great spot!

10. emma says:

Just love this post and the pictures! You are so right… the window dressing can make all the difference for shoppers!