How To Keep Going

How To Keep Going – Adam J. Kurtz for Design*Sponge

We’ve all faced difficult challenges before. Part of being someone who is actively engaged with their creativity is finding smart solutions to whatever problems come our way. This is especially true when you own your business (full-time or side-hustle) and ultimately have to count on yourself to get through. But sometimes – maybe even right now – you are faced with the kind of challenge that makes you question everything.

Giving up completely isn’t a real option. Shutting down is just delaying the inevitable. Feeling helpless is valid, until you need to get your s*** together again. Life moves forward whether you’re ready or not, so it’s our job to keep moving too. It won’t happen overnight, but change will come. Here’s my best advice on how to keep going so you’ll still be here when it does. –Adam J. Kurtz

How To Keep Going – Adam J. Kurtz for Design*Sponge
How To Keep Going – Adam J. Kurtz for Design*Sponge
How To Keep Going – Adam J. Kurtz for Design*Sponge
How To Keep Going – Adam J. Kurtz for Design*Sponge
How To Keep Going – Adam J. Kurtz for Design*Sponge
How To Keep Going – Adam J. Kurtz for Design*Sponge
How To Keep Going – Adam J. Kurtz for Design*Sponge
How To Keep Going – Adam J. Kurtz for Design*Sponge
How To Keep Going – Adam J. Kurtz for Design*Sponge

Adam J. KurtzAdam J. Kurtz (better known as ADAMJK) is an artist and author of 1 Page at a Time & Pick Me Up. His dark (but optimistic) humor comes to life in an offbeat line of gifts and small trinkets. Follow him at @ADAMJK or in real life (he lives in Brooklyn because of course he does).

1. Megan says:

Thank you. I needed this today.

2. Elisa says:

Last day of work before retirement ( and this post comes right on time. I have been telling myself to ‘keep moving.’ Thank you Adam for ‘nailing it home.’

1. David says:

Can’t tell you how jealous I am. Probably 5 more years ahead (at least). Congratulations!

3. Melissa Gibson says:

Thank you so much for posting this today! I so needed to read this after an incredibly hard year.

4. Charmaine Ng says:

I really needed this as I’ve been feeling a bit down lately. Cute graphics!
    – Charmaine

5. Julie says:

I needed this. Love!

6. Crystal K says:

I’ve been feeling too loud when speaking about politics and how every industry is broken at the core–and needs major change. After talking I feel bad because my concerns don’t leave people feeling all warm and cozy inside. But it’s time we wake up–and the discomfort that comes with opening our eyes and hearts to the bitter truths of our current society is part of the healing process. So I’ll keep speaking loud and strong…thanks for the inspiration….

7. Michelle says:

Yup, me too! I certainly needed to hear this. Besides having a slew of sewing projects (Christmas gifts for my kids and grandkids) and working, I also signed up for real estate classes. Everyday I’m tempted to give up on the real estate but everyone knows it’s been a long time dream of mine and what kind of example would that be setting for my grandkids, some of whom are starting college? Thank you for writing this!

8. Candice says:

Sending a big “thanks” your way! I so dig this post, as it is just what I needed right now.

9. Aixa says:

YOU…ARE…AWESOME..ADAM! Thank you for Being and for sharing your YOU-NESS!!! <3

10. hayley says:

I love this post!!!

11. tori b. says:

Thank you so much for this. Really. Truly. Sincerely.

Recently, I’ve been going through a lot and questioning EVERYTHING. This article really has inspired and motivated me to keep moving forward and to ‘Never Give Up. Win”. I’m sharing this with everyone. I know I’m not the only person who needs to read this!

Never dull your sparkle.

12. Jill says:

Whew just in time – thank you.

13. allyson says:

Wow. Reading this made me feel like it was speaking directly to me. I think I can agree with everyone else, and say that I needed to read it.
    Thank you!

14. Kandy says:

This is beautiful! Thank you!!!

15. jannet says: