One of the greatest feelings in life is getting to celebrate the achievements of our loved ones. And today, I am thrilled to announce that my wife Julia’s new cookbook, Small Victories, is available for pre-order!
After a decade of co-authoring and recipe developing for some of the most successful and meaningful cookbooks on the market, Julia decided to write her very first solo cookbook. That book, Small Victories, is the sort of book you can only write once: a book that combines all 31 of her years of life experience and passion for cooking at home into one giant love letter to all that she believes in. Small Victories celebrates the way so many of us cook: one step (or “small victory”) at a time. Each recipe of her book (which contains over 100 recipes and hundreds more spin-offs) starts with a tip, trick or technique that you can use to create something delicious, and then offers how to alter or expand on that dish to make something new and different. There are recipes for everything from delicious chocolate cake with raspberry jam and morning muffins to Julia’s beloved Caesar dressing and a Korean clambake.
After our summer break and Labor Day, Julia will be here on DS sharing a week of healthy lunch ideas inspired by her cookbook, and we’ll be doing a very special giveaway you won’t want to miss. Until then, you can pre-order (and get a free tote bag, pictured below!) and check out Julia’s book right here –and say “hi” in person on her book tour in September! Until then, have a great weekend! xo, grace
Photographs above by Irene Kim Shepherd
- Podcast: I was so honored to be on Jessica Murnane’s One Part Podcast this week. We talked about my new book, In the Company of Women, as well as difficult topics like relevancy and openness.
- Self-Care: I’m so excited about Tina Shoulders’ new project, Noire Care, which celebrates women of color and their acts of “radical self-care.”
- Shine Bright Like a Diamond: Julia and I are thinking of painting our dining room floor in a diamond pattern. This is the how-to I’m considering.
- Cake Time: This colorful cake at The House that Lars Built is SO adorable.
- Speaking of Cake: This amazing building in Portugal looks like an elegant wedding cake — or a piece of Blue Willow. I love it.
- At Home: I’m totally obsessed with these hand earrings and this cloud mug. Major awesome vibes.
- Must-Reads: Book Tour: In the Company of Women Fall 2016!, How To Get Started, 10 Pairs of Eyeglasses for Summer-to-Fall Reading, How To Get Organized In Style + Free Fancy Printable Labels
- DIY Projects: DIY Floral Votives
- Before & After: Casa Joshua Tree
- Food + Drink: Archana Pidathala’s Beet-Yogurt Relish
- Decorating: 13 Spotted & Stylish Rooms
- Interiors: In Florida, The Rustic Bungalow of Two Florists, A Minimalist Guest Room Transitions to Fall, A 1920s-Era San Diego Home Shows That Downsizing Can Be Delightful, A Vancouver Condo with Mindful Design, In North Carolina, Making a Mid-Century Home From Scratch, Studio Tour: Sakura Bloom