A Dozen Talented Stylists to Follow on Instagram

Share It

The world of social media and blogs has opened many eyes to the work and incredible talent of photo stylists behind gorgeous print ads, movie sets and editorial photo shoots; a perspective that we didn’t have before the digital era. Interior and prop stylists are popping up all over Instagram, sharing their recent projects, their home styling, and the behind-the-scenes glimpses into their days. We’ve gathered 12 interior and photo stylists who inspire us with their creativity and curated feeds. These stylists from all over the world are doing their part to showcase the work of designers, photographers and brands in the best and most beautiful way possible. –Lauren

1. Rae says:

love these links :)

2. jari becker says:

really magnificent

3. Charles Rose says:

I follow a lot of tattoo artists because that’s kind of a hobby/interest of mine. My two favourites are @littleandytattoo and @acidtattoo because they both have very unique and amazing styles.

4. kim says:

Thank you so much for the feature Lauren. It’s such a thrill to be here on Design Sponge…..

This made my day.

Now I’m off to visit the other features.

xo, kim

5. Reeve says:

Oh these are just delightful! I love Rebecca and her style!

6. Love these round-ups. I was glad to come across @fleamarketfab her feed is inspiring me to go thrifting!

7. Ann Kathrin says:

I like the small wooden bench in front of the table. It’s amazing :)

8. Kate says:

For fashion follow Shelbyhearts. She’s an AMAZING stylist!

9. jk says:

While looking through these instagram accounts, I recalled a comment my four year old son once made. He asked, “where are the people?” as he looked over my shoulder at an interiors magazine.

With the notable exception of Paola Mathe’s feed, as well as a few plants and a few children scattered in other feeds, it is, in fact, life that is missing from these scenes. Movement and change are also usually absent. Another stylist does include her self, though she hides her head or face. I assume the hiding was intended to be quirky and fun, but what it definitely is, in a literal sense, is self effacing. Or even, self erasing.

I love a good stageset; I often admire it equally to the acting I see when I watch plays. But what is it about being fascinated with these these frozen tableaus?