This summer marks the 12th year of Design*Sponge (!!!) and to celebrate, I’m shaking things up. Big time. I had a life-changing medical diagnosis in January (T1D, more on that later), and the silver lining of that difficult situation was a totally new view on work and life.
I’m ready to tackle some bigger projects and have plans this year for a national business conference tour, our new book (yay!), teaching — and I’m bringing back my podcast, After the Jump, with very special micro-themes. So to help me out while I get some of these projects off the ground, we’re expanding our family and looking for new (paid, of course) writers to specialize in Sneak Peeks (our word for home tours). They’ll be joining our existing home tour family and will learn from the best. What do we need from you? A passion for interiors, a familiarity with WordPress, and a knowledge of the online art & design community inside and out. What else? Details below.
Ideal candidates should be:
- Self-motivated, self-starters
- VERY familiar with Design*Sponge content, past and present.
- Enjoy working from home (must be within 3 hours of EST time zone).
- Must be proficient in WordPress (you will upload your own posts on our custom WP platform) and photo editing software.
- Have 3-4 hours per week to devote to writing and research.
- Should have an excellent grasp of all blogs, social media feeds, publications and trends within the art & design community.
- Should read and keep up with a diverse group of inspirational sources and news.
- Be free to tele-conference with our full team once a month and with me (Grace) directly once a month.
Want to apply? Fill out the application RIGHT HERE by next Friday, May 20th, 2016. We’re so excited to see our little family grow and can’t wait to find new voices to share here on the site — and to help us take our home tours to the next level. xo, grace
UPDATE: If you applied and only partially filled out the form, you’ll need to start from scratch. Partial entries do not save correctly and cannot be considered if not full filled out.
Music by The Underscore Orkestra at FMA