An Airy and Orderly Aesthetic in Nashville

Share It

In the business of building “interesting and beautiful aesthetics,” event stylist Jessica Sloane tells the compelling story of her own family through “personalized elements with an eye for the natural environment and overall clean aesthetic” in her new-construction Nashville, TN home. Along with husband Michael, son Sullivan, and their Puggle, Elliott, Jessica has enjoyed striking a balance between her need for orderly elegance and the practical requirements of a two-and-a-half year-old child. With a strong appreciation for organization, Jessica set out to declutter and find a place for each thing she brought in. Equally as important, she made sure each new decorative investment would be child-friendly — likely taking a beating from a curious kid. “I will admit,” Jessica says, “Having so much white in my house hasn’t proven to be toddler-friendly. I bought a large white rug for our downstairs living room and it’s a challenge to keep it clean!”

In addition to bright finishes, adding to the open, airy feeling are the dozens of large windows through which bright sunlight pours all day long. Each room in the house has its own almost floor-to-ceiling openings. Nashville — a city with a booming growth rate — is keeping up with its population by allowing two homes to be built on some lots zoned for a single structure. The Sloanes are in one such place that sits right next to its neighbor, but the layout maintains the residents’ privacy by keeping all windows to one side, and away from outside eyes.

“As a designer, I obsess over the details and really enjoy curating spaces,” Jessica shares. This home encourages her to tailor the environment as her family grows and changes, and even allows for hosting gatherings and photo shoots as her professional interests continue to evolve in parallel. —Annie

Photography by Shelby Hornbuckle

1. One of my favorite homes ever featured! Jessica’s home is even more stunning in person, and her warmth and general loveliness make it even better.
    xx,
    Torrance

2. Jen says:

Beautiful home! With so many thoughtful details, I never would have guessed that it’s new construction. I love those gorgeous ceilings, and your pretty ceiling fans. In Tennessee, they are essential, but it’s hard to find nes that are attractive. I am curious about the lighting in the living room. Is the ceiling fan the only light source? And does it provide enough light, say, to read at night?

1. Jen says:

I mis-spoke! I see the recessed lights in the living room, and meant to ask if overhead light is the only source of light. Derp. :)

3. Liz says:

I love the wall color downstairs. Any idea what the paint color may be?

4. Amber says:

I absolutely LOVE this home! So beautiful and full of texture and personality and yet it’s simple and minimal.

Where are the bedside tables in the bedroom from? Looking for something just like that for my living room. Thanks!

5. That kitchen makes me want to pack up and move to Nashville! I always love homes that have a single colorscape that they stick to throughout an entire home; I just never seem to be able to do that myself! Something inevitably creeps in….

6. Ann says:

So pretty, light airy and evey room seamlessly flows into one another. Love the unified color scheme. Would love to know the source for the paint color ( downstairs) and the sofa. Thank you!

7. Keri Blair says:

This is GORGEOUS!
    Keri

8. Teresa Brennan says:

Just beautiful love, love, the table!

9. kymberly says:

Love that West Elm headboard! Wish they still made that…..

1. Leigh says:

I like it too :-) It is a pretty straightforward design-you could probably find someone local to make you one in your choice of wood.

10. marann says:

Light-filled, so lovely. Comfortable simplicity is not easily achieved. I hope that at some point there will be a few actual books in the bookcases. They add immeasurably to life.

11. Sam says:

Love those bedside tables. Where are they from?

12. Jessica’s lucky to have this wonderful home. Thanks Annie for giving us a first hand tour.

13. Diana Andea says:

a dream.. so many ideas I want for my home..