40 Valentine’s Day Cards to Send to Loved Ones

Share It

Over the years, I’ve heard from just about everyone and anyone with a computer that they have mixed feelings about Valentine’s Day. But whether you’re in love with love and can’t wait to start making DIY valentines, or would rather explain the evils of the “Romantic Industrial Complex,” it’s hard to escape the endless parade of cards, gifts and candy every February 14th. I’ve always been a fan of having a special day to tell the people you admire and care about (friends, colleagues, mentors, family) how much they mean to you, but I understand that it can be a bit much with all of the ads and pressure we see in the media to find the perfect gift.

So this year, we’re going to share some low-key DIY ideas that are easy on your wallet and leave the focus on a special message or note of appreciation. But before we dive into those, I wanted to share my favorite part of Valentine’s Day — the celebration of a handwritten note. If you’d prefer to DIY it all, we have some ideas for you here, but if you’d like to pick up a card to fill out instead, here are 40 of my favorites (and a few non-cards) from the wide world of independent designers. xo, grace

*Most of these designers sell their work at indie shops across the country, so if shipping costs for cards feel too high, be sure to check their sites for stores near you.

giphy-1

1. Emily says:

Love these cards – thanks for the ideas and inspiration!

2. Chantel says:

Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

3. cat seto says:

Thank you so much for featuring us Grace! I second your love of the handwritten note…it’s a physical sentiment from the heart :).

4. Mary Beth says:

Just bought the egg press “I dig you card”, thanks for the suggestion! Love all the other cards featured!

5. Sally says:

Grace, I am so glad to see this post! I know you are not as into product posts anymore but I dearly missed your gift guides at Christmas! (I also am not so into products and so greatly appreciate your help in sifting through and presenting brilliant, flawless items to shorten my shopping time! ;) Love that you are helping with valentines, and just want to say while I am at it, I love when you post about what skin/makeup prods you are using too. :) Your product posts help make my life easier!

1. Grace Bonney says:

thanks sally! :)

grace

6. camille says:

These are very unique cards, it is always a little hard to find just the right vibe. Thanks for posting!