26 Paper Flower Artists to Follow on Instagram

Share It

One of my favorite things about Instagram is how easy it is to find, follow and support small (or huge) communities of makers online. I’ve been working on a few posts that highlight specific materials, techniques and styles on Instagram, and today I’m starting with one of my favorite crafts: paper flowers.

It’s safe to say that any type of flower (fresh, paper, clay, etc.) is my favorite decorating tool, and I love the way that paper flower design has really taken off in the last few years. From wildly detailed and intricate petals that are nearly impossible to distinguish from the real thing to larger-than-life paper plants and arrangements that feel like something from a beautiful dream, designers across the globe are creating stunning flowers from paper that provide endless inspiration. Whether you’re looking for a little visual pick-me-up or want to source some paper flowers you can use at home (no water required, and they’ll never die!), these 26 Instagram feeds are a must-follow if you love the art of paper flowers. xo, grace

*Update: Thank you for all of the amazing recommendations! I’ve expanded this list from 12 to 26!

1. WHAT AN HONOR! In such great company. Thank you for always appreciating flowers, and for appreciating the hard work that goes into a great paper flower! You have launched many ships, Grace. Thank you for all you do! xoxo

2. Natalie says:

Mind blown! These are all incredible! I made a few hundred paper flowers for my wedding a few years ago, but never quite achieved the level of detail and interest shown in these example. Well done ya’ll!

3. Oh boy! Now I am following them all! But their work is so exquisite. Thank you for finding them and sharing about them, Grace.
    XOXO to you, too! Monica

4. Wow! We are so thrilled and honored to be included amongst some fellow artists that inspire us daily! Thank you for all your paper-flower love!!! :)

5. Diane says:

Congratuations! You hae worked so hard and your flowers look fresh picked!

6. oh dear.. I don’t even know where to start…. I still remember the first time you picked my photo from #dscolor for a feature on your IG feed. I was literally jumping with joy and there was no way my excitement could be contained… That feeling returned today and once again, it was because of you. Thank you, Grace for paying attention to the small voices, realising our potentials and giving us the chance to shine. As Tiffanie said above, you have launched many ships and for that, I am deeply grateful. Sincerely, Jennifer.

1. Grace Bonney says:

thanks so much jennifer :)

grace

7. Susan Bonn says:

I’m a paper addict!!!

8. Kate Alarcon says:

Grace! I think it’s so cool that you did this! One of my favorite things about the instagram paper flower community is how genuinely supportive people are of each other, and I love seeing a bunch of us all here together.

I feel like our little community is a great counterexample to what Tina Fey calls the “myth of not enough”–the idea that there’s only so much success and recognition to go around, that it’s a zero-sum game that we have to fiercely compete over. But when Tiffanie Turner brings paper flowers to the fine art world, when Rebecca Thuss and Livia Cetti masterfully introduce new students to this amazing craft, when Lynn Dolan shows us what’s technically and artistically possible, when Jennifer Tran makes a whole new art form out of marrying photography and paper blooms, when Susan Beech makes the design community swoon with her coral loveliness, when Margie Keates brings stellar polish to sumptious blooms, when Marianne Scott Ericksen-Hansen reminds us all that the paper world is still so full of surprises and new possibilities, (and I could go on and on and on) they are building something that we all benefit from, and something that I’m just so grateful for.

Anyway, sorry to go on and on, but you really captured something here that I’ve been thinking about for a long time.

(And, as I suspect we all do, I regard you as a fairy god-mother! Thanks for the fairy dust, today!)

1. Grace Bonney says:

Kate

This is such a sweet comment- thank you so much for sharing :)

Grace

9. Lynn Dolan says:

Thank you, Grace, for adding my gallery to your post. Instagram has been a wonderfully positive experience, a creative ‘lifesaver’ in many ways! Having come across people who think what I do is ‘odd’, ‘quirky’, or ‘not serious stuff’, it’s a blessing to be in a community with a similar appreciation for floral arts. I’m a lucky girl to have made friends on this list – grateful to be in their company! Thank you, (a thousand times!) for connecting us with others and spreading the word. (Let’s make more flowers!)

10. Sara Kim says:

Thank you so much for including us! We are so honored to be on this list with such amazing artists. GO PAPER FLOWERS!

11. Susan Beech says:

Thank you so much for continuing to support us Grace I am honoured to be included!

12. KD says:

Now my paper addiction is at an all time high. 😍

13. It blows my mind that these are made out of paper! It’s pretty incredible how each artist takes the same subject matter, and can still manage to infuse their own magical vision to make it into a signature style. Definitely proof that there is room for all types of artists (as Kate mentioned above) and also proof that the best way to shine as an artist is to tap into your own intuition and sense of play. These artists are a great reminder of that. Thanks for sharing Grace!

14. Molly says:

Thanks so much for introducing me to the beauty of paper flowers and the skill of their creators. I enjoy Design Sponge so much. New and wonderful things all the time! You’re a terrific team!

15. vy says:

Beautiful list of paper flowers! I love paper art. Please feel free to follow me on Instagram @vydesignz.

16. Elizabeth T says:

Thuss & Farrell also authored the book Paper to Petal, making paper flower-making more accessible to those curious to try it! Still I’d imagine it’d be hard to top these masters in both construction & composition!

17. elena +deco says:

Livia Cetti makes the most beautiful paper flowers. I wrote a post about her a few months ago after having found out about her in Design Sponge (http://egiavarini.blogspot.it/2015/09/paper-flowers.html).

1. Grace Bonney says:

Elena

Yep, she’s in this roundup. She works under the name “The Green Vase” on Instagram.

Grace

18. Sarah says:

You should check out @blomespaperie, she has amazing white tonal walls rents them all over the US

19. Lia Griffith says:

I am so honored to feature in this list! Thank you Grace! And it’s wonderful to be mentioned among so many talented paper flower makers – each of you inspires me! And yes, we are so lucky to be part of such a supportive community – you girls are awesome. Never stop doing what you’re doing!

20. Lia Griffith says:

I feel so honored to be included in this list of most amazing paper flower artists. I adore each and every one of them and inspired by their work. Thanks Grace for this gorgeous post. xoxox

21. Maria says:

Oh my gosh! So much fun! I have been searching for “good” paper flowers (not the cheapy looking ones) and here they are! Love Love Love!!!! Thank you for this amazing post. What a fantastic collection of artists you have gathered here. Love it.

22. I’ve been working like crazy to make ALL of my wedding flowers in paper! 400 blooms later I’m almost done the final few bouquets ! I love how my instagram has documented the whole epic process, from hand painting all of the tissue paper, using brass buttons as stamen to add a little glitter, to the actual designing / making of the flowers (garden roses, apple blossoms, daisies and poppies) to the arrangements. It was a TON of work and the wedding is still 19 days away but I know it will all be worth it. And the ladies you featured here really inspired me!

@yakawonis on instagram

23. This article was so awesome I followed all 26 artist you show cased here. Thank you. Found it on Pinterest by the way:)

24. NYC Photog says:

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous.

25. Natalie says:

Nothing prettier than walls of paper flowers!

26. Kia says:

All of them are amazing! Such a beautiful creations! You missed one more paper flower artist: @kira_krs