A Charming Bohemian Home in West Palm Beach, FL

Share It

Location can really drive a home’s style. A home in Minnesota can be beachy and gorgeous in aesthetic, but there is something so right about bohemian homes located in tropical places. Carley and Jonathan Summers have fully embraced their southern Florida lifestyle and have created a space with an eclectic mix of global finds and seaside pieces.

Carley, photographer and interior stylist, and her husband Jonathan, CT technologist and musician, initially set out to find a home with historic value. Their 1922 West Palm Beach, FL rental came with incredible character, natural light, a historical neighborhood, and a serene sunroom that sold Carley and Jonathan on the house. The beach town location is the perfect setting for Carley’s breezy, bohemian style. She has filled the home with rich textures, colors, and beautiful pieces that she has collected from across the world.

Carley and Jonathan have sentiment and stories behind almost every item in their home, which makes the space instantly feel more intimate. “My decorating goal is for people to come in and feel a spirit of peace and rest, even though there is so much going on,” Carley says. “There is always something to look at and there is usually a story with each piece. I am all about the layers. The process of the home is more about how I can layer textiles and bring a natural peace to the home by the design aesthetic.” Enjoy their stories in every beautiful room as you click through this tour. –Lauren

Photography by Carley Summers

1. Lisa says:

I just love everything about this home tour. All those colors, patterns, and textures really pop against the light walls and airy windows. If I were a guest in that guest room I might never leave!

1. Carley Summers says:

Lisa!

Thanks so much! We are always taking guests :)

2. Carley Summers says:

Lisa!
      Thank you so much!

We are always taking guest :)

2. Brittany says:

I’ve followed Carley on Instagram for some time now (it goes without saying that her IG is divine), and I’m so excited to see her complete tour here! This is an absolutely gorgeous space, and I love the personal items throughout the rooms. It’s clear that this is a much cherished home.

3. Lulu says:

I’d love to know more about those lovely curtains in the dining area.

1. Carley Summers says:

Hi! they are from Urban outfitters <3

4. Gorgeous! I love all the different textures and colors. The pop of real plants against the white walls and painted bricks is perfect!

5. barbara says:

gorgeous home and can FEEL that spirit of peace & joy! Love the verse carved into the table edge and THAT TURKISH VALANCE!!!!!! where OH where can i get one???? LOVE IT!!

1. Carley Summers says:

Barbra,

Thanks girl! The peace and joy are most important!

the valence is from a shop I work with there are similar ones like it! find me on Instagram and dm me ill send you pictures!

6. What a beautiful jumble of eastern textiles – the Turkish valance at the kitchen window is really quirky.

7. Cat says:

I love everything about this place. Blessings to this lovely creative pair.

1. Carley Summers says:

Thank you So much Cat! <3

8. Julie says:

This home is divine. Everything works so well together. And that sunroom!

9. Carley Summers says:

Julie!

Thanks so much! A lot of love goes into this place :)

10. Crish says:

What a feast for the eyes! A beautiful home, I immediately shared this with my mum and sisters – we all loved it.

The wedding scripture is such a nice touch.

11. Michelle says:

Carly, how can I find you on Instagram? Your home is pure perfection! <3

12. Lynne Bishop says:

Carly, wonderful Moroccan design! And the eclectic touches make it so special. Inspirational. You must be a Proverbs 31 woman of valor. I love the idea of incorporating the scripture into the table. I may be confused, but is it possible the numbers are inverted? Should it be Psalms 126:3 instead of 123:6?

13. Noelia says:

Wonderful, I really love this tour! I’ll have it as an inspiration to my new home soon in the future! =)

14. Françoise Lou says:

I love this place so much… This is so inspiring. Great place, great photos, made with love.

15. Shamara says:

I just love the look of this lounge room. I even have some of the same pillows! Can you tell me where the coffee table is from?

16. Monica says:

Where is the coffee table from?