Changes are afoot here at Design*Sponge, and all I can say is that I have never, ever, been this excited to work every day. I am so excited to be working with the people here on our team and to be welcoming some amazing new writers, too. Today I’m thrilled to announce — and welcome submissions for — a brand new column with Tara & Percy of Jersey Ice Cream Co.!
Tara and Percy are behind some of my all-time favorite home renovations, so they were the very first people I thought of when we wanted to add more DIY renovation content to D*S. Starting next month, they will be at the helm of a brand-new renovation column here on D*S that takes readers’ real home problems and comes up with real-world solutions and design plans to follow.
We’ll be choosing homes and issues that we hear about frequently, so the answers won’t just apply to the reader at hand, but to all readers facing tricky spaces and common decorating problems (popcorn ceilings, uneven floors, dark rooms, bad paneling, etc.). Tara and Percy will provide budget estimates and DIY solutions to keep costs low and give you an idea of how much time and budget to put toward each project. I can’t wait to see this column (and all of their outstanding ideas) come to life, so if you’d like to see Tara and Percy take on YOUR home challenge, here’s what we need:
- Send us an email here, titled “MAKEOVER HELP”
- Tell us about your design dilemma in 250 words or less.
- Please attach 2-3 low res pictures (at least 700 pixels wide, no bigger than 1MB total) of the space in question.
We’ll select rooms and the first column will be up next month! Until then, have a great weekend and we can’t wait to work with Tara, Percy and all of you to find solutions to so many of our shared design dilemmas. xo, grace
- I love these beautiful kids’ rooms (via Oh Joy!)
- These all-black rooms are super sleek and beautiful (via One Kings Lane)
- A dreamy marble kitchen (via Remodelista)
- Anila Quayyum Agha’s ‘Intersections’ Sculpture (via This Is Colossal)
- New Surreal Collages by Eugenia Loli (via This Is Colossal)
- I cannot stop watching Style Like U on Youtube. This body-positive identity project is wonderful.
- Must-Read: Stalking Muramaki by Anisse Gross, How to Get Over Comparing Yourself to Others by Adam JK, 12k Inspiring #DSFloral photos (and counting).
- Fine Art Focus: Ranjani Shettar
- Recipes: Dora Charles’ Christmas Morning Cinnamon Rolls
- DIY: Halloween Googly-eye manicure, Perler Bead Containers, How to make a large-scale picture frame, DIY woven clay vase
- City Guide: Columbia, SC (And ways to give back to those in need)
- Life & Business: How to get over comparing yourself to other creatives, 5 Tips for Improving Your Business Relationships, Studio Tour: Abbey Sy of ABC
- Interiors: An interior designer + contractor’s Brooklyn home, A modern coastal home in Spain, Three decades of antiques at home in NJ, Life on a renovated schoolbus, A colorful New Jersey home, A cozy Brooklyn apartment for an artist and teacher.
- Before & After: A drought-friendly yard makeover in California