A London Flat Filled with Light

Share It

Even as a little kid, I was tickled by the color pink. Twenty-some-odd years later, I still find myself unable to resist “liking” an Instagram photo that features the bubbly hue. And the current trend of pairing pink with greenery — I have absolutely no resistance to that perfection. The second I saw the pink dining room in Gabriella Palumbo’s Notting Hill, London flat, I was eager to share it with you guys. I couldn’t get this peek together fast enough!

Finding such a one-of-a-kind, three-floor gem was challenging for Gabriella and her partner, Matt. Expensive and with little inventory, London’s real estate market can feel like a nonstop search. The second the two stepped inside here, however, all the struggles were worth it. Built in the 1940s and renovated in 2010, the home has so much space and light, it was the clear winner. The flat’s unique layout didn’t go unnoticed either. The bedrooms are on the bottom floor, living and dining areas are in the middle and the kitchen is on the top mezzanine. The bones were there, but it’s Matt and Gabriella’s pointed design vision that makes this home sing. Creating a practical and comfortable space that could function both as a place for entertaining and everyday living was paramount throughout their design process. Gabriella works as an interior and art stylist, so she is always filling the home with new finds while maintaining an exciting simplicity that I adore. Click through to see the dazzling flat for yourself. Enjoy! —Garrett

Photography by Gabriella Palumbo

1. michele says:

I have been to Gabriella’s home and not only is it stunning but also very welcoming and comfortable.

Michele

2. Su Sazama says:

Have you ever been to Villa La Roche in Paris? That is what those pink walls specifically with the bare bulb light fixtures remind me of. I love it! It must have been a real challenge pulling all those broken up spaces together. Good job.

3. Gillianne says:

Inviting home with truly wonderful light. What a find in London, and in Notting Hill! (Tiny note: The seats of the kitchen chairs are woven rush, not wicker.)

4. Rosey says:

That black cabinet the record player is sitting on! I need to know more! It reminds me of the studded belts I used to wear to punk shows when I was younger!

5. Isabelesque says:

The pink is glorious, and so is all the light.

I can’t fathom how much this flat would have cost (too much for most!), but I’m glad it has such loving owners.

6. Margot says:

This has definitely confirmed my intention of splashing some pink paint around. Love the Conran cushions on the sofa and the blue swivel chair. I have a couple of very similar, maybe even identical chairs in tan leather and they are THE most comfortable chairs EVER!

7. Debbie says:

Gorgeous!

8. Andrew Bradford says:

This is a really inviting home.
    Love all the materials and decoration pieces!

9. Love the blue chair in the living room and the Marilyn Monroe piece!!

10. Catherine says:

I love this home tour and I’m LOVING her blog, so thank you for the intro! I’ve bookmarked all of Gabriella’s videos to watch this weekend :)

11. Eileen says:

I NEED to know where that headboard is from!! It’s perfection. I’ve been searching high and low for one and haven’t found anything I love. Until now! Anybody??

1. Gabby says:

Hi Eileen,
      I bought that headboard here in London at Sofa.com!
      Best, Gabby

12. Ally says:

What a gorgeous flat! I just love homes that have lots of light…they make such a difference to your well-being.

Ally x

13. I wonder if Gabriella’s favorite spot has anything to do with the plants that are there? There’s a growing body of research that shows people are happiest and most creative when there are living plants around them. And this certainly looks like a home lived in by some happy and creative people.

14. Jessica says:

Gorgeous everything! But where can I find the beautiful beach picture hanging in the dining room?

1. Gabby says:

Thank you so much Jessica! The print is a photograph by the artist Gray Malin. Here is his website: https://www.graymalin.com

1. Mily says:

Gabby the coffee table is perfection! Can you advise where from? I have been looking for an acrylic coffee table everywhere in the U.S. and haven’t found one quite like this.

15. Margot says:

I keep returning to this one. I love Gabriella’s aesthetic. It must not be too far from my own. I have throw cushions with a tribal feel, the same flexform chairs albeit in leather, wishbone chairs and I now have a pink home study! I have favourited (is that a word?) a similar photographic print from Gray Malin, not because it looks the same but because it is our local beach – Coogee, Australia – to go on my pink wall of course!

16. Caitlin says:

Hello! What a vision! Where is the living room coffee table from and the rug?

17. Emily says:

Wow! This is amazing! I love the simplicity and beauty that is wrapped up in this flat! I’m an interior designer as well and I love to have inspiration like this on my blog!!!

18. Helen says:

Where are the black dining chairs from? Love them!