It’s been such a treat this week to have artist and designer Alea Toussaint at DS, sharing custom, handmade patterns with all of us. Alea has kindly offered to continue through the weekend, so tune in tomorrow and Sunday for two more free downloadable patterns for your computer and phone backgrounds! To download today’s pink floral pattern from Alea, CLICK HERE. Julia and I are off to visit her family for Passover, so I’m closing up the laptop early today. Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday this weekend to anyone and everyone celebrating. xo, grace
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights from DS and around the web:
- This beach home in Biarritz looks like heaven. (via SFGirlbyBay)
- The cuddly world of Angora bunnies. I can’t believe these are real. (via NYTimes)
- Early risers unite! This week I shared my morning routine on the blog of the same name.
- I love reading about people’s personal uniforms. I have essentially built one for myself and it makes my life much easier. (via J. Crew Blog)
- This episode of the Invisibilia podcast — on how people who’ve lost their vision can learn to see through sound — opened my mind 10-fold.
- 10 Photos of Famous Artists and Their Cats. (via FastCoDesign)
- West Elm $2,000 Giveaway: Peek inside our made-over living room and enter to win!
- Must-Reads: Free Downloadable Patterns from Alea Toussaint: Day One, Two, Three and Four, 16 Beautiful Wallpapers from DS Readers
- Home Ec: How to care for rugs, carpets and floors, The New Bohemians by Justina Blakeney
- Essays: How I Learned to Live with (and Embrace) the Imperfect
- Sneak Peeks: A Decatur, GA home filled with love, Studio Tour: Sarah of The Small Object, A Canadian Cottage Transformation.
- Recipes: 12 Spins on a Classic Deviled Egg!
- City Guide: Shanghai, China
- Life & Business: Profile: Cassie of Veda House, Profile: Tuckbox
- DIY Projects: Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs
- Before & After: The Little NoPo Oregon Farmhouse Makeover