Since moving into our home, I’ve wanted to fill the walls with photos, quotes and things that hold meaning to my husband and me. It has been a process choosing what to hang, so our walls are pretty bare at the moment. When Fran and Grace contacted me to create a picture frame tutorial, I knew this was the nudge I needed to work towards my goal of printing and hanging memorable photos. This project took longer than I expected due to the time I spent reminiscing over our photos from our honeymoon in Maui, but the DIY process was a breeze. I finally landed on a photo from one of my favorite places we visited and got to work! I love how easy it is to transform a simple clock into a clean, functional frame. I’ll have to rotate the photo every once in a while so I can keep admiring all the treasured family photos I have stored away. —Courtney
-Bronze circular stud
1. Take apart your clock.
2. Cut your photo to the size of the inside of the clock.
3. Tape or glue your photo over the original clock numbers.
4. Put your clock back together so it is now a picture frame.
5. Using your x-acto knife, cut two slits through the leather and side of the clock. If your clock is not plastic, you can use a drill.
6. Secure leather to your frame with the circular stud by flattening the prongs on the underside of the frame.
7. Hang up and enjoy!