Life & Business: Simple Tips For Success by Adam J. Kurtz

Adam J. Kurtz (or as some know him, ADAMJK) is an artist and author of the creative journal 1 Page at a Time. He also creates art and creative content for BuzzFeed BFF and is an all-around inspiring, cool dude who’s constantly making and doing. A visit to his Instagram account always results in a snicker. You may remember him from this post where he shared his gleaned wisdom from 2014, and today he’s back to share his 8 — errr, 7 — simple steps for success of any kind, big or small. We so often over-complicate things and create our own barriers, but his tips are refreshingly honest, relevant and act as a swift kick in the bum to do more and be more. Pin away, my friends! —Sabrina

All images by Adam J. Kurtz

1. I love all of this! It’s reminiscent of Austin Kleon and Dallas Clayton mushed together, and I love both of their work. Thanks so much for sharing, I am checking out Adam’s site now!

2. Beth says:

Very helpful things to consider. And I wish everyone would heed the advice to be nice more often. Kindness is free.

3. Uli says:

I’m good at being nice but have to work on all the others. Very inspirational / motivating! Thanks for sharing! x

4. maggie says:

Definitely adding Adam’s website to my feedly. What an inspiring post. And good advice not just for creative pursuits, but, you know, for life in general.

5. Loving this journal! What a great thought starter.

6. Rebecca says:

Loved this. All of it! I am reminded that to Be Nice is also to Be Generous! You can’t undertake any pursuit fully alone so recognize and support all the people that help you along this path. A good reminder to myself too!

7. Cole says:

This is great! Such awesome advice and tips in a way I can understand and appreciate ;)

8. Kelly says:

This is wonderful!

9. Nina says:

Oh wow this is so fantastic and on point for me right now. I feel like I need to read these every day haha!

10. Jill says:

This reminds me of a list my daughter createde when she was young.
    Rules for Elaine’s room:
    1. Put toys away when finished
    2. Read a book
    3. Have fun!

11. Lisa says:

Wonderful. “How will you measure success?” is critical to find happiness and success. It is different for everyone, it may be time, freedom, family,or money. Staying focused on what works personally is more important that what looks what might work for others. We only have an inside view of our own lives. Seeing people looking successful on the outside is different than feeling successful on the inside.

Cheers, Lisa

12. Love these! I think I need to wallpaper my studio with them for a dose of inspiration every day. Thank you Adam and thank you Design*Sponge!

13. Tiara says:

I love this so very very much.

14. Ain Nabila says:

Thanks for sharing this, this gave me inspiration and motivation! Maybe I’ll print this out and make it as a poster and put it on my room. It’s a reminder for me everyday xx

15. Great article, love the Be Nice one, loads of sound advice for life here!

16. Becky says:

Thank you! Just started a business this January and can relate to every piece of advice/support listed in this journal. The bit about making friends and checking in on how I AM doing were two that hit home. So easy to get caught up in being the business sometimes. It is important to keep a safe distance and detachment.

17. Natallia says:

Great thoughts Adam! I love this topic and I even share the personal journey to success in the lifestyle blog: To Succeed Now. /#attlyckasnu

18. Alina says: