Considering my phone is in my hands for about 60 percent of each day, I put a surprisingly small amount of thought into its aesthetic, which is strange, because it’s the perfect accessory — easy to change and totally customizable. No matter what your personal look is, your phone can pull it off! At this dark and depressing time of year we all need a cheap and easy way to keep that sparkle continuing from the holiday season. The perfect antidote to those January blues? Lots of shiny gold, some soft, luscious pink and plenty of polka dots. We’ve even used up some of those wrapping paper scraps you’ve been holding onto. –Fran
- Phone case
- Gold foil wrapping paper
- Glossy accents/Mod Podge
- Nail varnish
- Hole punch
- Skewer/Cocktail stick
1. Coat the nail varnish brush and gently drip the color in small dots onto the case.
2. Cover the case, placing dots of differing sizes randomly around the whole of the case, including the edges.
3. While the varnish dots are drying, take your wrapping paper and begin to punch holes in it using your hole punch.
4. Using a skewer or cocktail stick, glue each dot to the case. You want to place them slightly off each of the varnish dots. You can use them to cover any slight imperfections in the varnish dots.
Make sure each of the varnish dots has a gold dot friend.
5. Cover the whole case with glossy accents, Mod Podge or another clear-drying glue. Spread the glue evenly over the top of the case and around the edges.
6. Leave the case untouched until the glue is fully dry. Don’t be tempted to touch the case until after at least 6 hours, or you’ll end up with finger prints all over the case! You can choose your colors and papers to match an accessory or just go full-on Christmas glamour to celebrate to festive season.