A Creative Home in North London

Share It

Any time I’m feeling like I could use an extra dose of inspiration, I head to Instagram. No matter what time of day it is, I know I’ll find myself awash with endless photos of beautiful and unique homes, artwork, flowers, textiles, patterns and design. It was during one of those inspiration searches that I came across the work, and account, of Luke Edward Hall. Based in North London, Luke is a talented designer of soft furnishings and fabrics, an interior decorator, a stylist and an illustrator. I immediately wanted to see if his love of color and pattern followed him home and I was thrilled to hear back from him and to discover the beautiful home he shares with his partner, Duncan Campbell, a creative director and co-founder of the consultancy Campbell-Rey. When you put two talented and creative people in one space, incredible things are bound to happen and I thoroughly enjoyed taking a virtual tour of their expertly decorated apartment.

Duncan originally found the couple’s Camden Square apartment, which was built in the mid 1840s, seven years ago. Swayed by the park directly across the street and the huge garden out back, Duncan signed on and two years later, Luke moved in. Although they don’t have access to the garden out back, the apartment’s position on the first floor means that every window shows only the greenery of each outdoor location, making the home feel like a lush treehouse. Duncan and Luke carried that green theme inside the apartment, where all three rooms of their home embrace color and pattern in a major – but tasteful – way. What I love most about their space is that it leaves room to grow. Luke explained that he’s, “come to realize that decorating the apartment is not about reaching some sort of end goal, where we can lock up our paintbrushes and celebrate everything looking ‘just right.’ We’re young and we’re just getting started. I plan to spend the rest of my life collecting bits and pieces – rugs, pictures, vases, lamps, furniture. Besides, I work in interior design – collecting and curating things is essentially my job!” I love their open-minded attitude and the way that’s reflected in their playful combination of new and old objects, bold prints and bright color. Thanks so much to Luke and Duncan for opening up their home to us. xo, grace

Photographs by Luke Edward Hall

1. Erica W. says:

I love this home. Thanks for sharing.

2. Rosie says:

I think this is my favourite Design*Sponge home ever. The fabrics, colours and wallpapers are amazing. Plus, it’s in North London. Yay!

3. Katy Gilmore says:

Having a hard time tearing myself away from D*S today! This is the most wonderful house – that photo with stuffed office nook bookshelf and yellow velvet sofa just stopped me – all the color and all the details – the double row of subway tiles on the wallpaper!

4. Good ! I like this home. Thank you.

5. Brittany says:

1. This is house is so lovely – thank you for sharing!
    2. This is the first time I’ve visited design*sponge since the redesign and I’m in love! Great job

1. Grace Bonney says:

Thanks, Brittany!

Grace :)

6. Amy says:

Green paint color? Love this home so much.

7. Laura says:

Would also love to know the green dining room color and the bedroom color. Thanks!

8. Leo says:

Yes, dying to know what that green paint color is!