Last weekend’s Renegade Craft Fair was like a wonderland of beautiful ceramics. If you collect and admire beautiful cups, mugs, planters and vases like I do, this year’s show was heaven. I picked up a few pieces for our home (more on those later) and was most excited to meet some artists and designers in person that I’d never met before. We had the pleasure of being the first blog to write about Virginia Sin‘s plates back in 2008 and I finally got to meet and shake Virginia’s hand in person this year. Her booth, shared with another talented designer, Brooke of BTW Ceramics, was a food stylist’s dream come to life. I wasn’t able to walk out without buying something and I’m pretty sure other people left the same way. In addition to Virginia’s gorgeous faux-paper plates, she launched a line of bowls inspired by coffee filters. I love how light and frilly they look, but how substantial they feel in person. These bowls are part of Virginia’s newly expanded tabletop collection that you can find, and shop, online. If you need a great handmade gift idea for someone in your life, these are a fantastic idea. xo, grace
Photographs by Emily Johnston
- I am completely in love with painter Laura Jones’ gorgeous floral paintings. Talk about a dream work to have in your home.
- Peek inside the life of a gallerist in Australia on The Design Files.
- This striped serving board is calling my name. Big time.
- A tour of a Buddhist monk’s home in NYC. It’s beautiful and much more “maximalist” than I expected.
- An interview with the rising queen of nail art. Pink stripes forever!
- The evolution of emojis– equal parts fascinating and terrifying.
- Must Reads: D*S DIY Videos for Mrs. Meyers Clean Day, How to Thrift and Scavenge for Vintage Furniture like a Pro, A Day In The Life of Kelly DeWitt,
- Before & After: Patterned Apple Crate Upgrade
- Recipes: Vegan & Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes, A rustic apple tart from Katie Lee, Pear & Ginger Champagne,
- City Guides: Reno, Nevada
- Biz Ladies: 8 Ways to Incorporate Social Good into your Business
- DIY Projects: Hanging Copper Chandelier, Sun-Print Place Cards, A simple linen apron, Woven Ceiling Light, Shibori-dyed Vintage Napkins.
- Sneak Peeks: A UK home with 1950s charm, A photographer’s home in Brooklyn, A bright Norwegian home, Two shop-keepers at home in Brooklyn.