40 Reasons To Choose Happiness

unnamed (1)
For some reason, whenever cooler weather starts to set in I have a hard time not getting a little bit grumpy. Instead of enjoying the crisp air and changing leaves, I immediately start envisioning the pounds of dirty snow that are soon to crowd our blocks and all of the long walks trudging through muddy slush that Hope and I will inevitably take. But this year I’m committed to staying positive as the temperatures drop, starting with a little help from our favorite submissions in the #DSHappy hashtag challenge. All last month we gathered our favorite entries and today I’m sharing 40 of my favorite images from more than 4,000 submissions. From lush flower arrangements and stunning interiors to happy dogs and a room full of bunnies, these photos are bound to bring a smile to your face for the rest of the week. Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to share such special photos from their families, friends and personal lives. xo, grace

Image above by _Papetal_

Click through for all 40 photos after the jump!

adrienbroom

Image above by Whitney Leigh Morris

whitneyleighmorris_3
Image above by Whitney Leigh Morris

whitneyleighmorris
Image above by Whitney Leigh Morris

1. Zinnia says:

Lovely! I needed these this morning on a gloomy, overcast, rainy, cold day in Minneapolis–flowers, dogs, color and food–super great, thanks!

2. Birgit says:

Your post just put a real big smile on my face* which is quite a feat considering how dreary October started out.

*and let’s not forget a giggle or two thanks to those rascal dogs ;-)

3. Christina says:

These are all so beautiful! They make me happy indeed. There was a great article in the NYTimes about the fear of happiness. I definitely feel afraid of getting too excited for fall when a terrible winter is right around the corner. It helps to remember that we can change our attitude if we want.

4. jessica says:

I’m at my happiest when foods involved!!

5. Afroja bulbul says:

So Lovely.I like all of them.

6. sonrie says:

there is so much beauty in the world!

7. Afroja bulbul says:

So nice.I like all of them.

8. Sami says:

All of these instagram accounts are glorious.

9. Aww! I just scrolled through all these photos and was smiling by the end:)

10. Coolallure says:

Needed a reason to end the day with a smile on my face. I am really smiling and enjoying your post and the pics displayed

11. Sarah Heat says:

This may sound contrary, but we’re expecting a heat wave where I live up to the 90’s this weekend. I keep wishing that we had “fall”. So, I will be happy, thanks to you, that our weather is almost always temperate, and that “hot” in October is ok. Thanks!

12. Britta says:

THIS makes me happy! I love all these things! I’ve been on my own personal happiness mission with the ArtSocial linkup. You should check it out!

13. Such inspiring and beautiful images! I love all these you’ve chosen and those in the feed as well. Happy indeed! Thanks Grace!

14. Emily says:

What a lovely idea! I enjoyed scrolling through those gorgeous images. Much needed also xx

Emily

15. Lana says:

Lovely post! x

16. Emily says:

Please make this a regular thing if it’s not already!

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi emily!

the #DShappy hashtag will continue to exist on Instagram, so if you ever need a little pick me up, check it out! :)

grace

17. That was a complete delight. thank you.

18. Tina Hambly says:

Love, so fun. And those dogs…!

19. Caris says:

This post is bliss! Totally made my day!

20. Julia says:

So excited to see my @albertcoshop spotted pumpkins featured! What an honor for a tiny (new!) handmade little shop! Thanks for including us!

21. davida says:

loved it all ! especially the yarn. makes me take out my needles again for holiday present making !

22. sunze says:

Thank you for sharing and for brightening up my ‘gloomy mood’.

I now know what Eeyore needed!

Enjoy your Fall.

23. Lovely images and thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have been complaining about having to make my vegetable juices in the cold first thing in the morning. It will be a challenge to keep juicing when it gets cold but instead I can choose happiness and the fact that I am getting healthy

24. Amazing selection! Maybe tomorrow I’ll start the classes with a smile ;)

25. Lara says:

I was feeling sorry for myself, by the end of the photos I was smiling and thinking about the rest of the day differently. Thank you. :)

26. Jane says:

I was feeling grumpy every morning these days and I dont know why. But look at these pictures, they simply make me happy! Flowers everywhere, dogs, the sky, and foods… happy things definitely around us, we just have to feel it. Thank you so much!

27. Stella says:

What? No babies? Babies = happiness :)

28. I totally know what you mean! I have the same thing. Especially right now. I just got back from holidays and over here, it’s already dark when I have to get up in the morning. Resulting in a grumpy me ^^

But you’re right, and these pics of the#DSHappy challenge back up your plan perfectly! I’ll try and do the same ;)

x Aurélie

29. Ava says:

Totally got happy from these pics

30. alexis says:

Absolutely stunning, lovely, gorgeous – I’ve bookmarked this so I can come back to it any time I’m feeling down. Looking at all these images I’m feeling grateful for all the happiness in my life. Thank you!

31. Rebecca Shaw says:

Thank you , I have little tears. So nice

32. Julie says:

this one is so great. let’s bring this hashtag back! :)