Ferm Living’s Kelim Carpets

ferm_living_kelim_rug_header

Oh, Ferm Living, you shameless temptress, you! Every time you unveil a new collection, I think to myself, there is no way they can outdo the last one. Except BAM—there you go again, putting yet another fabulous spin on classic Scandinavian style, getting my heart racing and my bank account crying. This fall’s latest Ferm Living collection is by no means any exception—with stunning marble-topped tables, darling little cabinets, and candleholders upon candleholders, I can feel my self restraint crumbling by the second. Although the entire collection is a delight, I’m particularly taken with Ferm’s new Kelim rugs. Made from wool and cotton, these simple textiles feature geometric, almost Bauhausian patterns and a gorgeous palette of muted pastels and earth tones. We asked Ferm’s founder and head designer, Trine Anderson, to give us a little bit of background about the carpets’ inspiration. Continue after the jump for her notes and some more photos of Ferm’s fall collection!

Above: Kelim Carpet

ferm_kelim_1

Above: Kelim Carpet

ferm_kelim_form_1 ferm_kelim_2

Above: Kelim Runner

ferm_kelim_form_3 ferm_kelim_3

Above: A sampling of Ferm’s new Kelim pillows.

1. Beth says:

I am in love with these rugs!! Does anyone in the US carry these (reasonable shipping)?

Thanks!!

2. Kate says:

I am in love with these rugs, but OHMYGOD SHOES! Isn’t the shape of these shoes darling… Anybody knows what brand they are?

3. amanda says:

these are really lovely…

4. Robyn says:

Not sure, but I thought it was spelled “KILIM”, not “KILEM”.

1. Grace Bonney says:

Robyn

Kelim is the spelling they’re using, so that’s why we used it here.

Grace