Rebecca Atwood Fall/Winter 2014 Collection

I know there’s no such thing as overnight success (there is always an immense amount of behind-the-scenes work we don’t see), but Rebecca Atwood seems to have been a hit from the second her website launched – and our entire DS team happily counts itself among her first fans. Rebecca’s debut collection felt like a calm, cool dip in a blue watercolor pool. The patterns were soft and took their inspiration from traditional shibori and splatter techniques. Her latest collection – a series of pillows, sachets, lingerie bags and zip pouches – embraces smoky greys, mochas and deep blue-green hues. I love the autumn spin on her existing collections and wanted to know a bit more about the collection’s inspiration, so we asked Rebecca to explain in her own words. Above and after the jump Rebecca shares her behind-the-scenes story of the inspiration, creation and struggles with her beautiful new collection. Thanks, Rebecca! xo, grace

*Click here to check out a 10 Second Tour of Rebecca’s Brooklyn studio…

Click through to see more of Rebecca’s collection and read about it’s creation after the jump!

EJ IMG_7808

EJ IMG_7876

EJ IMG_7919

EJ IMG_7998

1. Briar says:

Rebecca’s work is so gorgeous! Love the fall and winter collection and hearing about her inspirations…

2. Nice pastoral themed cushions

3. Ashley says:

Where can these be purchased?

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi ashley!

they’ll be on her site on sept 15th, 2014 :)

4. grace atwood says:

I love this post. Rebecca is my sister and she continues to blow me away every day!

5. DIFY Design says:

Lovely patterns, gorgeous colours

6. Lisa says:

Is that Emily Johnston’s apartment I spy?

7. tara says:

Love Rebecca and her designs! Saw her at the NY gift show today -I’m dying for one of her candles. Great article – Bravo!!

8. Rebecca says:

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate you writing about my new collection!

9. Rachel says:

I follow her, but its so good to see her, and read about her process, on DS. thank you for sharing!

10. Susannah says:

The soft colors and designs are so relaxing and peaceful –now I want to redecorate in
    Her colors! Lovely post

11. Cora says:

Beautiful! Im a sucker for anything shibori!

12. The soft colors make feelling living in peaceful