As we celebrate a decade of blogging at Design*Sponge, I’m excited to be embarking on a new path that involves teaching classes designed to share the information, tips and techniques we’ve used to grow Design*Sponge from a small one-person project into a team publication that speaks to over 1 million readers a day. Both as a company and personally, our team has benefited from clearly outlining our goals and finding ways to make those goals achievable. Working hard to stay in touch with what our true goals are takes a lot of work and I’ve found it’s one of the things people bring up the most when talking to us in other classes. So for our next class, Amy and I decided to team up to teach a course on GOAL SETTING + ACHIEVING.
On Tuesday, August 26th, we’ll be teaching a class devoted to mapping out and achieving your creative and professional dreams. We’ll give you detailed (and trusted) written and visual techniques for getting in touch with your true goals, then we’ll walk you through the steps to turn them into reality. No matter what your goal, we will send you home with a concrete list of resources, tips and practical methods that will ensure your big picture ideas become everyday realities.
This two-hour course will teach you how to articulate a larger vision for your business and life and then show how to transform those big-picture goals into smaller, easy to accomplish objectives.
We’ll delve into topics like:
-How to make sure you enjoy the journey to your end goal
-How to create space and time in your life for achieving your goals
-How to better focus your time and improve productivity
-How to create habits that will help you achieve goals
-How to prioritize what’s important
Part of goal setting is networking and collaborating. This class will be social class that is guaranteed to leave with a network of friends, colleagues and resources to support you on the road to achieving your goals. I hope you’ll join us for a night of big-picture planning that will get your fall started on the right foot! Details are below:
Design*Sponge ‘Achieving Goals’ Workshop
Date: Tuesday, August 26th, 2014
Time: 7 pm- 9:00 pm
Place: Makeshift Society Brooklyn (55 Hope Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211)
Tickets (Limited to 20 spots): $150 (Purchase your ticket HERE)
- “When Love Becomes an Instinct“: A sweet look at how far one man with Alzheimer’s was willing to go for his wife.
- We love this incredible “indoor outdoor” home in Australia. Any home is a little bit more alive when you find a way to let nature in.
- A beautiful minimal kitchen in a shepherd’s hut? Why not. Especially when it’s this adorable.
- My favorite thing to do on a night by myself is to order takeout and watch documentaries. This roundup of great documentaries at Design Love Fest is spot-on.
- Haricots Verts and Freekeh with Minty Tahini Dressing. Bon Appetit describes this awesome salad recipe as, “what ranch dressing would taste like if it spent a few months traipsing through the Middle East.”
- “What if I go to New York and I get caught up and I become a horrible person? But then I’m also like, I’m about to discover a lot of things about myself.” I love this interview with Tavi Gevinson in NY Magazine.
- Must Reads: Less Is More: Playing the Long Game, 30 Photos to Celebrate Summer
- Biz Ladies: Social Media 101, Profile: Rebecca Atwood, Tools to Deal with Copied Content
- City Guide: Methow Valley, Washington City Guide
- In the Kitchen With: Kristina’s Basil Panna Cotta Recipe
- Setting The Mood: Blue Crush
- Before & After: A Thrift Shop Chair Gets A Thrift Shop Makeover
- DIY Project: DIY Bag Tag from Jourdan Fairchild
- Sneak Peeks: Decorating as a Couple in NYC, This Sydney Apartment is the Perfect Canvas, Making Textiles Work in a 100-Year-Old Home , Our Favorite Canadian Homes, A Tobacco Curing Barn Turned Writing Studio