I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing quite as satisfying as witnessing a real, good kitchen renovation. Whether it’s on a cheesy daytime home and garden show or an in-person tour at a friend’s house, a brand-spankin’-new kitchen has the ability to give me chills and send my heart beating in envy. Self-closing drawers, you say? Ohhhh. Custom cabinetry? Shut up right now. Marble countertops? Let me just run my hands across them—that’s not creepy, right? If a fancy-shmancy new kitchen does it for you like it does for me, you’re quite in luck! Today, we’ve hand-picked 15 of some of our favorite, most awe-inspiring kitchen transformations from our Before & After archives—all for your viewing pleasure! May they excite you, thrill you and inspire your own kitchen renovation projects! —Max
1. A “Cookie Cutter” Kitchen Becomes Anything But.
2. After being destroyed by flooding, this kitchen gets the “silver linings” treatment.
3. This kitschy fifties kitchen gets a much-needed modern look.
4. This stuffy kitchen gets ligthened-up and aired out.
5. A Hudson Valley Kitchen gets a rustic new look.
6. A run-of-the-mill kitchen gets a cozy, industrial makeover.
7. A standard, wood-clad kitchen gets a chic modern upgrade.
8. A cramped kitchen opens up and lets nature in!
9. A townhouse in Queens gets a stylish kitchen remodel.
10. A Victorian home’s kitchen gets a sophisticated, open new look.
11. This Minneapolis kitchen gets a fresh, timeless transformation.
12. A teeny-tiny London kitchen gets a makeover that is big on style!
13. This humdrum old kitchen gets a charming facelift.
14. This Seattle kitchen is opened up, brightened, and given a mega-dose of style!
15. A family’s kitchen is totally transformed with a few simple steps!