We’re Hiring: DIY Interns

After 10 years of running Design*Sponge, there’s one thing I’ve learned: DIY projects are not my strongest skill. I’ve been trying bring this pressed flower idea I’ve had in my head to life for the past two weeks and I keep producing results that are better suited for #nailedit than DS. I’m in the process of teaching myself a wide range of DIY skills so I can do things on my own, but I came to the realization that I need some help. Max, Amy and I have a billion ideas, but need someone who can help us find talented makers, crafters and bloggers to bring these ideas to life. So we’re looking for an editorial DIY Intern (this is a paid position). What does that mean? It means you don’t have to be crafty yourself- you just need to have a passionate, near obsessive, love of DIY blogs, books and makers. We’re looking for someone who can connect us with talented people to share projects with us here at DS. So if you’re someone who pins, likes and retweets DIY projects as much as we do, come join us! You don’t need to live in NY- or even the US!- you just need to have one hour a day to help us brainstorm, research and connect with the best up-and-coming DIY-ers, makers and artists. Think you’re the right fit? Email us right here (please make the subject of your email “DIY INTERN”) with: your resume, a link to your blog or any online pages you have, a link to 3 DIY projects you think are our style (not from DS) and 3 blogs you think are great up-and-coming DIY-ers! We’ll choose our favorites next week and follow up for interviews! Thanks so much- we’re so excited to find a new member of our team. xo, grace

1. Kate says:

woo hoo! stoked on this! Sending my info shortly :)

2. Laura says:

This is and exciting day!

3. How exciting! This sounds perfect for a DIY obsessed person like myself. I will be sending my information along shortly.

-Lindzi
    TheTrendySparrow

4. Natasha says:

Design Sponge DIY intern?! It’s like my dreams have been answered!

5. “DIY” is literally my middle name (well, my online one anyhow), so I’m all kinds of excited about this opportunity! Thank you! I’ll be sending my email over tonight.

1. Grace Bonney says:

thanks everyone! excited to read all your emails :)

grace

6. What a fabulous opportunity… literally a dream job!!! All the very best in finding someone and to the applicants :) Tina

7. Excited and very interested!!

8. Tanya says:

Yipiee!!! Putting together my email now! What a great opportunity!

9. Marta Quirós Márquez says:

Hello Grace, I cann’t find the email address to send my info , sorry for being so lost!, just one more question: when is the deadline? Greetings from Spain! deep in the South Andalusia ;-)

1. Grace Bonney says:

Hi Marta

The email address is written in the post above- the deadline is next Friday :)

Grace

10. Malia says:

Such an exciting opportunity, here goes nothing ;) Gdod luck to everyone!

11. Tess says:

I’m in and my emails on the way!

12. Just sent my info!!! So excited! :) I would to share my crafty with you guys!!

13. would love* … smooth. ;)

14. Michelle Lee says:

Is it too late to apply??

1. Grace Bonney says:

Michelle

You can add one now if you’re ready, but I’m literally evaluating them all now…

G

15. Has the DIY intern been selected yet?

1. Grace Bonney says:

brittney

the finalists have been emailed but we haven’t made a decision for the final person yet.

grace