Since teaching our first two sold-out social media classes, I’ve been keeping in touch with students from each class and fielding questions from new students about what they’d like to see in upcoming classes. Their requests and follow-ups inspired me to not only come up with a full curriculum of classes (online and off) that I’ll be teaching this fall, but to add a few more social media classes to my schedule this summer. So on Tuesday, July 29th, I’ll be teaching another session of my Social Media Summer School. The first two classes went so well and I enjoyed being able to connect and share information and techniques with people so much that I’m thrilled to offer a third and updated class. I’ve been doing some new testing and measuring on our own feeds and am excited to add some new tools and ideas to this version of the class. So if you’re in the NYC area or want to plan a long-weekend getaway to learn and have fun, I hope you can join me in Brooklyn! In two hours you’ll walk away with a social media plan that’s tailored to your business, your voice and your style- with real tools and resources to make it happen and trusted techniques for testing and tracking your success. I’m so excited to get back in the ‘classroom’, but until then, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. If you need some weekend reading, below (after the class details) are our must-read links from the web this week! xo, grace
Design*Sponge Social Media Workshop
Date: Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Time: 7 pm- 9:30 pm
Place: Makeshift Society Brooklyn (55 Hope Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211)
Tickets (Limited to 20 spots): $150 (Purchase your ticket HERE)
Details: Click here to read more about the course and what you’ll learn.
Here’s what students are saying about the course so far:
“I dropped everything and booked my ticket to NYC to take this workshop offered by the Design*Sponge team. My 2,000 mile journey was not in vain. I found the content of the workshop relevant to my needs as a blogger and learned so much from Grace’s firsthand experience. Grace provided helpful tips, their research on trends and their own real-world experience on staying relevant in the constantly evolving social media landscape. If you’re looking for finger-on-the-pulse information on how to leverage social media effectively, hop the subway to Brooklyn (or in my case a flight into LGA) and spend an evening with the Design*Sponge team.”
-Suzanne Miller of La Porte Bleue
“Grace is refreshingly honest, pulling back the curtain of Oz to reveal the details of how she works, what she’s learned from nearly a decade of running a design site and where she sees content and social media trending in the future. As a brand marketer I’ve attended numerous social media seminars over the years, from the useful to the useless, and Grace’s was definitely worth the investment, helping to spark a slew of new marketing ideas.”
- R.I.P. Elaine Stritch, you will be missed.
- A truly incredible $500 kitchen makeover at Remodelista
- Life in Pictures: Solange Knowles. I love seeing her cut up green beans. Stars, they’re just like us.
- Our vote in the “best bedroom” contest would involve that cute little mini bench
- 15 Chicken Salad Recipes at Bon Appetit that take this classic from boring to delicious (and aren’t drowning in mayo).
- Designer Heidi Merrick’s awesome LA home.
- How do YOU define ‘cool’? These 6 people try to explain.
- D*S News: We’re Hiring: DIY Interns!
- Must-Reads: Make Room For: Rizzo, Printable Freebie: Gemstone Bookplates, 10 Second Studio Tour: Digby & Iona, A Day In The Life: Canoe Austin, 10 Creative Instagram Accounts to Follow
- City Guide: 24 Hours in Boise with Kirsten Grove of Simply Grove
- Recipes: Kristina’s Vanilla Rosemary Pudding
- Biz Ladies: A Quick Guide to Self-Promotion, Biz Ladies Profile: Diana Yen of The Jewels of New York
- Before & After: 20 Crazy Before & Afters To Make Your Jaw Drop, Two Dorm Lamps Get A Grown Up New Look
- DIY Project: Mirrored Trellis
- Sneak Peeks: A New Zealand Rental Becomes a Home, 100 Year Old House Becomes a Family Home in Australia, Best of Outdoor Spaces