5 Wine Bottle DIYs

winebottleprojects
I don’t know about you, but I always feel a little twinge of guilt when a wine bottle ends up in the recycling bin. It just seems like I should be finding a way to reuse such a functional object. And now that’s we’re fully into rosé season, I have a few more bottles than usual. Here are some of my favorite projects that use wine bottles as the core material. A few of these projects suggest a wine bottle cutting kit like this one (see Make’s How-to Video here) and if you decide to invest, you can turn all your bottles into something new for your home. Now, that my guilt is assuaged, I’ll take another glass of rosé!Amy

Image above: Turn your wine bottles into spectacular outdoor lighting. See our Wine Bottle Torch project here.

winebottlevases_1
Image above: Bring the same technique for the wine bottle torch inside for a easy wall vase. See the full project details here.

candleholders1
Image above: All you need is a glass cutting kit to turn your wine bottles into candle holders. See the full project instructions here. (And you can use the other half for a vase like this!)

See more wine bottle projects after the jump!

winebottlemain
Image above: Use your empty bottle to make someone’s day with this simple Message in a Bottle project.

Orginal-Chandelier-Made-From-Wine-Bottles_4x3_lg
Image above: For a more refined look, I’d love to see this wine bottle chandelier with all clear bottles. You need to be pretty confident in your bottle cutting skills (but you can use the top of the bottle for the candle holders above!)- see the full DIY here DIY Network.

1. Nina says:

The cut bottle candle holders are cool! That’s a good one!

2. Such great DIY ideas.. how eco chic of you to reuse what we all have- and personally what I have LOTS of!!

Jenna
    Eco Chic Sense

3. Christina says:

I love the torch DIY. Will definitely pin!

– Christina

4. my favorite is the wine bottle chandelier! Amazing ideas here!

5. All diy is best is get amazing look can i know where to get wooden hook to hang bottles?

6. Monnaie says:

nice DIY, its best for interior Decoration.

7. Mieke says:

I love the bottle with candle! So clever, i will try this for sure! Thanks for sharing

x
    Mieke

8. LadyAussieBundy says:

I used wine bottles as my garden bed trim! All it cost me was $6 in concrete

1. Grace Bonney says:

ladyaussiebundy- that’s genius :)

grace

9. Demir says:

Wine bottles to use in this way is really clever.