Every week when Friday rolls around, I start to think about what the weekend has in store. And primarily I’m thinking about what I will be eating. What will we have for breakfast tomorrow? What will we reheat for Sunday lunch? Will there be chocolate? (Yes). So before we head out this weekend, I wanted to share 10 of the (many) food-related Instagram accounts that I find the most inspirational. Not just for photography, but recipes, styling and creativity, too. I hope they’ll inspire your weekend meals, or at least your taste buds. (The full list continues after the jump.) Until Monday, have a wonderful weekend! xo, grace
- We’ve been fans of Humans of New York for a long time, but the stories this past week have been especially wonderful. If you don’t already follow this feed, check it out.
- “Sustainable” is a term that can be hard to pin down. On MarthaStewart.com, Anna Lappe discusses just what it means when applied to food.
- Sweet sorrow: If you like chocolate (who doesn’t?), you may have noticed rapidly increasing prices. Here’s the reason why.
- Do you know how big the world’s largest dinner party was? This post tells the fascinating story.
- On a more serious note, HBO’s John Oliver candidly points out the flaws with America’s prison system, partly accompanied by a Sesame Street ensemble.
- A hilarious look at what every hipster menu looks like combined into one fictitious restaurant
- We love Faye Andrada’s new earrings (and awesome home tour) at Of a Kind
- Must Reads: Printable Freebie: Gemstone Bookmarks, 10 Second Studio Tour: Frances Palmer, A Day In The Life: Chelsea Fuss
- City Guide: 24 Hours in Paris with Anne Ditmeyer of Pret a Voyager
- Recipes: Green Bean Salad w/ Cherry Tomato + Peach Gastrique
- Biz Ladies: Mission Organization, After the Jump: Turning Jealousy Into Motivation, Biz Ladies Profile: Nicole Shariat Farb of Darby Smart
- Before & After: A 1966 Camp Trailer Gets A Colorful Facelift, An Airstream Trailer Gets A Rustic Overhaul
- DIY Projects: 5 Wine Bottle DIYs
- Sneak Peeks: A Tiny Cottage in Venice Beach, A Family Apartment in New York City, An Arizona Remodel for a Family of Four, 10 Beautiful Homes in France
Click through for my favorite food Instagram feeds after the jump!
Sneh Roy (Cook Republic): An incredible photographer, cook and designer from Australia- where all of my favorite food photographers seem to live these days.
Chie Stylee: This Japanese food photographer and stylist seems to have mastered (and made the rest of of lust after) gorgeous minimalist food photos. If you love bread, this is the feed for you.
Julia Turshen: I happen to share my life with one of the most talented food writers (and makers) around. I can say with 100% certainty that Julia’s cooking tastes as good as it looks. Her feed is full of delicious, relatable and healthy home cooking ideas (and tips for re-using leftovers).
Food52: Food52 is no secret, but their feed is one of my favorite- and most trusted- places to find weekend recipes. Major go-to.
Adriana (ACozyKitchen): Remind me to collect berries with Adriana one day. She knows how to make a small basket of them look like the most beautiful things ever. Her photos are the perfect combination of real and really delicious looking.
Joann Pai (SliceofPai): I love the dark, saturated and moody photography of Vancouver photographer and stylist Joann Pai. The food world has been really into dark photos for a while and this feed shows it done well.
Matt Armendariz: I love Matt’s feed as much for its fresh California style food inspiration as I do for the photos of their amazing dogs. One of them is named Cholula. Enough said.
Julie Lee (Julie’s Kitchen): For pages and pages and PAGES of incredible collages of food that make me want to spend more time playing with my food before I eat it.
Aran Goyoaga: Aran is one of the most talented stylists, photographers and cooks I know. Her feed is a dream to browse.
Sweet Hue: I love ice cream. This feed is full of it. And plenty of other tasty treats. But oh, the ice cream….