10 Second Studio Tour: Catbird

Catbird has been one of our absolute favorite sources for handcrafted jewelry for what seems like eonsIn business for over a decade, this Brooklyn institution has grown from a local secret to a widely beloved retailer, garnering a massive online presence and international following. It’s no wonder why—the brand’s pared-down, warm aesthetic combines romantic whimsy with deceptive simplicity; at once refreshing and utterly timeless. We had the great pleasure of stopping by the Catbird studios recently and the experience was certainly one to remember! Spanning two giant rooms in a converted factory building, the Catbird studios house not just office space, but a community of crazy-talented diehard jewelry makers, metalworkers and designers. As we strolled around the offices and jewelry-making studios, we got the feeling that this endlessly inspiring place isn’t just where jewelry is made—it’s where magic happens. Check out the highlights from our visit above or continue after the jump for the full tour! —Max

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with b5 preset Processed with VSCOcam with g3 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

1. Katie says:

My husband and I got married right after we moved (after 11 years!) in Brooklyn. We got our wedding bands made from the folks at Catbird & it will always be the best memory of our time meeting & courting in our favorite borough.. LOVE their little shop & all they make!

2. l'oliphant says:

Wow I wish I could go and visit the catbird studio! I love their jewels!!!

3. Hazlett says:

I have never heard of Catbird but I am greatfull for the introduction you have put before me. There work looks great and the images you shared are brilliant.

4. Danny says:

Is that Justin Beiber on the last photograph :P

1. Danny— It’s Zack from Saved By The Bell!

5. Danny says:

Thanks Maxwell, Just to be clear I didn’t really think it was Justin though haha :D if it was, they must be popular :P

6. Nicole says:

I love these little photo studio tours. So inspirational.

7. Mark Rice says:

I have heard of Catbird before, do they sell on ebay?

1. Grace Bonney says:

Mark

Not that I know of, but you can shop online at their store.

Grace

8. Amber says:

My wedding day gift and then ‘baby-maker’ gift were both purchased here! (Admittedly, I chose the same ring the second time for another finger because I loved it so much already!) Great memories choosing from their selection and now lovely daily reminders of our elopement, vacay, and baby-to-be. Great online selection too!

9. Sharareh says:

Great behind pics. I love this brand so much. Constantly represented on my Pinterest wish lists :)