Design Week Recap: Max’s Stationery Favorites

margins_mooncal

Above: One of Margins’ beautiful moon phase calendars.

Over the past few days, I’ve been calling out some of my favorite emerging trends from this year’s Design Week and National Stationery Show. So far, we’ve taken a look at 2014’s slew of canine-covered stationery and the new tropical color palette we saw everywhere. Some of my favorites from the National Stationery Show, however, defy categorization. From Margins‘ stunning moon-phase and snowflake cards to Azuline Design’s herb-scented scratch-n-sniff stationery (you read that right, and it’s fabulous), these designs are awesome by their own merits. Check out all of my best-of-the-rest faves from NSS after the jump! —Max

ladyfingers

Above: This card from Ladyfingers Letterpress speaks the truth.

fawn3

Above: Fawn Paper Co’s sympathy card is sincere and funny—a great combination!

anuline

Above: These scratch-n-sniff herb garden cards from newcomer Azuline Design are pretty and they smell like the real deal!

ghost_academy

Above: This encouraging card from Ghost Academy wins ten points for sheer adorableness.

holstee

Above: Wish your favorite millennial happy birthday in style with this snazzy card from Holstee.

dearhancock2

Above: This bunny clearly knows how to have a good time. Card by Dear Hancock.

9thletter2

Above: Wish a favorite pal good luck and congratulations with this awesome card from 9th Letter Press.

power-and-light

Above: Santa doesn’t mess around—duly noted. Card by Power & Light Press.

redcapcards

Above: Same-sex marriage was making its way into cards this year in a big way. Let’s hear it for gay! Cards by Red Cap Cards.

smudgeink

Above: These fabulous birthday cards from Smudge Ink are perfect for any age.

rockscissorpaper

Above: These wonderfully multi-function cards from Rock Scissor Paper double as snazzy decorations.

smokyroadpress

Above: You can never have too much Dowager Countess. Downton Abbey Coasters by Smokey Road Press.

regional_assembly_of_text

Above: Take your relationship smugness to a whole new level with this awesome “I’m taken” buttons from Regional Assembly of Text.

regionalassembly2

Above: All of the buttons at Regional Assembly of Text knew how to keep it real (and cute).

knotnbow

Above: I would be remiss if I didn’t speak for all the cat ladies (and lads) out there. This lovely newsprint wrapping paper from Knot & Bow is right up your alley.

katherine_watson

Above: These floral woodcut cards from Katharine Watson are just lovely—beautiful and simple.

margins

Above: This gorgeous card from Margins depicts actual snowflakes—designed by NATURE.

3potato4

Above: Show of your NYC pride with style with this wonderfully understated pennant from Three Potato Four

1. Jenny says:

Hey Max! Thanks so much for including our Pinning card in your roundup! We are thrilled to be featured on the site! Our company is actually called Ladyfingers Letterpress. Could you please change it in your post? The link is correct! Glad you had a great time at the Stationery Show!

2. Yay! Thank you for featuring our work! It was so nice to meet you at NSS, Max!

3. Lou says:

No, seriously….
    ha ha ha!

4. Ashley Johnson says:

I’m thrilled to see some cards from The Regional Assembly of Text in Max’s picks. I’m from Vancouver where they are based, and LOVE everything about them from the monthly letter writing club to the button making station, to all of the amazing things they carry in their storefront.

Yay tRAoT!!!!

5. Linda Sung says:

My best friend sent me that Santa card from SF last Christmas cause it was “so me.” Haha I love it!

6. Rebecca M says:

Some are beautiful. Some are funny. Love them all.

7. Katie says:

Ahh! Nice roundup- I wish I would have spotted you & your “little old man” ensemble in the wild! Was a great NSS for Idlewild- Now just need about 11 months to recover..

8. Erica says:

I’m obsessed with the Dear Hancock bunny!!! I wanna pinch those cheeks :)

9. Smudge Ink says:

Wow, thanks for including us as one of your faves! Such a pleasure to meet you. This is like getting extra sprinkles on top!

10. Dear Hancock says:

These are all so great. Thanks Max!

11. Anne Jordan says:

Thanks, Max!! We’re so excited you think our cards are fabulous because we love your taste :)