I know that I’m not alone in saying that this past winter was probably one of the most horrendous, soul-crushing, suffocatingly oppressive in recent memory. But guess what, you guys! I think we’re through it! It’s finally May and it finally looks that way, too. If the #DSLooking Instagram feed is any indication, spring has most certainly sprung! The above photo of sun-drenched hydrangea (it’s about time!) comes courtesy of reader Catherine Goron. Check out the #DSLooking feed for more spring-spiration. Bring on the May flowers! Have a wonderful weekend, everybody! —Max
- We’re definitely guilty of spending way too much time looking at the viral maps that are all over the interwebs. Slate, however, has the scoop on why those maps may be fun, but they are wrong.
- We have a serious soft spot in our heart for Ellen DeGeneres and we can’t get enough of her many (many) gorgeous homes. Check out the slideshow on The New York Times!
- This 3D pen creates absolutely stunning “hand-drawn” sculptures. Minds. Blown.
- One of our fave online shelter magazines, Lonny, got a new look this month. It’s beautiful.
- After spending a good part of the week cleaning out her closet, Amy felt the need to clean out other aspects of her life. Here’s a great guide to deep cleaning your Facebook account.
- Who knew gas stations could be so beautiful?
- It’s May, so go make a Maypole! Jordan from Oh Happy Day has the 411 on making your own.
- We could all use a little less stress in our lives. This cute infographic has some good tips for eliminating it!
- Ever wanted to stay in the “luxury hotel” version of a Buckminster Fuller dome? Now you can! It basically looks like Drop City with considerably more amenities.
D*S Newsletter: Mother’s Day Mini-Gift Guide + 25% of John Robshaw Textiles Loungewear for Mom (or you – we won’t tell!)