2014 Wallpaper from Juju Papers

This week marks the kickoff of Design Season in NYC. Friday is the start of BKLYN Designs and then after that we go into overdrive with ICFF, The National Stationery Show, Surtex and just about every amazing offsite show you can dream of. I’m always most excited to meet designers in person that we’ve been writing about online, but I also have a soft spot for pattern hunting. The wallpaper at ICFF and BKLYN Designs is always inspiring, so I’ve been collecting booth numbers and cards in hopes of finding something really special this year. Metallic patterns are my weakness so this new collection from Juju Papers in Portland, Oregon has jumped straight to the top of my “must see” list for ICFF.

Designer Avery Thatcher of Juju designed two new styles for this year’s launch: Sisters of the Sun and Cle Elum. Sisters of the Sun is a contemporary spin on a classic dot pattern. I love the way each dot feels different and lets you see a bit of Avery’s paintbrush gesture with each dot. As much as I love a clean geometric, designs like this that really show the artist’s hand and style a bit more are always my favorite.

Cle Elum is a hand-drawn pattern inspired by both the flora and fauna of the Cle Elum river area in Washington and a short story by Raymond Carver, who lived in and wrote about the Pacific Northwest. The pattern is an upbeat twist on Carver’s dark tale with fun florals, coniferous trees and hazel catkins in shiny silver and gold. I love the dark charcoal background on this style- it feels so rich and sophisticated but still has a bit of playfulness. Avery will be debuting her collection at ICFF (Booth #831), but until then, you can check out her work online right here. Thanks, Avery! xo, grace

Click through for more images of the collection after the jump!

1. Jane says:

What’s the color in the first picture?

2. JUJU Papers says:

The first picture is Sisters of the Sun gold on charcoal. XO

3. JUJU Papers says:

The other Sisters of the Sun on the bottom is metalic black on charcoal. XO, JUJU.

4. hannah nunn says:

So lovely. I like the styling too. Hope to see her at ICFF :)

5. Sydney says:

Obsessed! Beautiful post!

6. amanda says:

These wallpapers are so gorgeous. Would love to do a big ol’ accent wall in that silver and gold flora one. Yum!

7. Beautiful designs! I’m a huge fan of the charcoal background with the metallic print. I look forward to seeing more!

8. alia says:

how can we buy these wallpapers?

1. Grace Bonney says:

Just follow the link in the post above (http://jujupapers.com/). The papers are for sale there.

Grace :)

9. Rose Jensn says:

Are these wallpapers peelable or guaranteed removable? they are very beautigul. Where in Honolulu can I buy them?
    where can I find the specifics about water resistance, etc? thanks,

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi rose

please contact juju papers (their website is in this post) for those details, we can’t guarantee them outside of the company.

10. Alejandra says:

I love the Sisters of the Sun charcoal and gold wall paper, but the website says not found, how do I locate this wall paper to purchase?