2014 Sister Cities Wallpaper Collection from Grow House Grow

katie1
Katie Deedy of Grow House Grow is one of my favorite designers working today. Not only because we’ve had the joy of getting to know her over Biz Ladies lunches, but because she is consistently searching for inspiration and ideas in unexpected places. Whether she’s opening our eyes to the world of women in science (her first wallpaper collection) or the stories behind the early days of Far Rockaway, Katie is always teaching through her work. I love that I walk away from her designs not just inspired, but with something new to learn, research or share with others.

katie3
katie2
Her latest collection, Sister Cities, was inspired by the tradition of voluntary alliances between different parts of the world. Known as Twin Towns or Sister Cities, these connections can form for important political, historic or artistic purposes, or more comic ones, like the pairing of Dull, Scotland and Boring, Oregon. Inspired by these pairings, Katie created three new wallpaper patterns that celebrate the different artistic traditions of each city: Mexico City + Chicago, Stockholm + La Paz, and Marseille + Marrakesh. I’m partial to the deep charcoal hue of the Stockholm/La Paz pattern, but they all celebrate pattern and color in such beautiful ways. Congratulations to Katie on another great collection and thank you for keeping narrative alive in your work in a way that keeps us all learning and thinking after we’re inspired. Click here to check out and shop The Sister Cities Collection. xo, grace

Click through to see more colorways from each pattern after the jump!

Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 1.46.46 PM
Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 1.46.40 PM
Stockholm/Lapaz in Gold and White/Black

Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 1.47.53 PM
Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 1.47.43 PM
Marseille/Marrakesh in Sumac and Majorelle

Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 1.49.20 PM
Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 1.49.28 PM
Mexico City/Chicago in White City (Pearlescent) and Texcoco

1. Becca says:

These are fantastic! Wow!

2. Rebecca M says:

I’m not a big wallpaper fan, but these are wonderful.

3. Wallpaper as international design amalgamation, I love it! I especially like the Stockholm/La Paz design–amazing how such a simple motif captures something from each of those very different cities. Thanks for sharing this original idea and the beautiful results!

4. I absolutely LOVE the Marseille/Marrakesh in Sumac and Majorelle pattern! It took me a while to realize what it was, and when I was looking at the navy blue/gold colorway at the top, I thought to myself, “Wow! Those look like fly wings!” and suddenly I saw the fly (or insect) bodies in the design. It’s a really beautiful pattern, and to know it is really bugs makes it even more cool! Great designs.

5. Taylor says:

I love a good wallpaper and these are great! Gorgeous work!

xoxo
    Taylor

6. Eni says:

Beautiful work and so delicately delivered. I love them all of them, but what struck me most is Marseille/Marrakesh in Sumac and Majorelle.

GREAT GREAT Work

7. Jessica says:

What fun prints! I love the look of the first one… adds interest, but it still pretty simple. It wouldn’t be too overwhelming in a smaller space. Thanks!!
    Jess

8. Merry Karon says:

Really impressive wallpapers i would like to choose first one which colour is black.

9. Typically not a wallpaper fan, but I can totally see some of these in my house. Checking out their site now and it’s pretty cool! Love some of their tiles/fabric.