10 Second Home + Studio Tour with Workaday Handmade

The internet is one of the best real-time living search engines. After purchasing a bowl at Mociun, but not being able to tell who made it, I posted a photo of it to Instagram. Within a few moments, someone had @replied both me and the maker, Workaday Handmade, and a new friendship was born. Nothing makes me happier than getting to discover new artists and designers online, and getting to connect with people like Forrest Lewinger from Workaday. Forrest creates all sorts of ceramics from his Brooklyn studio that he decorates with hand-painted sketches, patterns and detailing. I’m so happy with my vessel that I decided to use it to hold my new angel wing begonia. Now it gets top billing in the living room and a whole lot of sun. Today Forest is taking us on a tour of both his home and studio – thanks so much for the virtual visit, Forrest! xo, grace

Music by Latche Swing by FMA

Click through for more photos and the full tour of both home and studio after the jump.

At Home

At Work

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

1. oooh i love his work! great find … i think the concept of a “lunch pot” seems hilarious too – i imagine a giant salad in one of those beautiful cup vessels. cute little gifs on their site, too!

2. Mindy Fox says:

All beautiful pieces. I love how evident the hand is. The marble finishes are awesome! How was it done? Glaze, underglaze, or tinting the clay before forming it?

3. ac says:

Love this… THANKS for the cool idea.

4. GOLNAZ says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! I love the patterns and the blues. Obsessed with his work!

5. Nikki Silva says:

Absolutely fantastic! I love Forrest’s work — and his living space is inspiring! Thanks for the tour.

6. Anna says:

So jazzed to finally see a ceramics studio on this blog! More more more, please.

7. Charlie says:

Beautiful ceramics! And the fact that you discovered his identity over Instagram is awesome – another reason to love Instagram!

8. ElizabethW says:

Every one of these pieces are stunning–and so usable! Makes me want to give away all my dishes and start over with each piece mindfully chosen from this studio.

9. tatsu says:

What a charming ceramic lamp shade!