I’ve been ready for a little textile change at home, so I’ve been watching Etsy and Instagram for great new fabrics. While I’ve got a bunch bookmarked, there’s one that keeps popping up in my mind over and over: Fayce Textiles. Designer and illustrator Kim Rosen has a decade of experience in the industry and is now creating hand-drawn patterns on beautiful unbleached linen. I love how subtle the linework is in all these patterns- they’re graphic and modern but still feel clean and classic enough to work in just about any space. I’ve got my eye on this one in grey, but I’m excited to order samples of the full collection and try them all in person. Click here to check out the full collection from Fayce online. And from everyone at D*S, have a great weekend! xo, grace
Best of The Web This Week:
- I love this roundup of floor outlets at Remodelista. So functional and surprisingly cute.
- Annie Leibovitz’ NYC Home still makes me weak in the knees. This slideshow at Sous Style is dreamy.
- Jemima Kirke of GIRLS (She plays the super boho ‘Jessa’) is a painter, and a pretty good one at that.
- Which actress would play you in a movie? Score!
- I love this mashup of fashion and food at Bon Appetit.
- El Fenn in Morocco looks AMAZING. Thanks to Victoria for bringing this gorgeous hotel into my (online) life.
- I love this little animated graphic about pasta production at the NY Times. I don’t love the glossing over of Barilla’s comments about ‘traditional families’, but I do think this way of delivering a story and data is clever and fun.
Best of D*S This Week:
- Must Read: Karolin Schnoor Free Downloadable Desktop + Phone Wallpaper, Grace’s Essay: Facing Your Fears (Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks), Design Icon: Rietveld Red & Blue Chair, 10 Style Icons in the Movies
- Decorating Ideas: 10 Creative Ceilings, 20 Great Examples of Art at Home: #DSART Favorites
- Designers’ 10 Favorite Things: Katie Rodgers of Paper Fashion, Artist Emily Proud
- Recipes: The Best of Breakfast
- A Day in the Life: Alice Gao, Fox Fodder Farm
- Flower Glossary: Anemone , Fritillaria
- Biz Ladies: How to Run a Business with Your Partner
- Before and After: A Guest Room Gets A Quick Makeover on A Tiny Budget
- DIY Projects: Twill Woven Stool, China Pattern Pillows
- Home & Studio Tours: 16 Stylish Homes in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales, Best of Flower Arrangements at Home, A Colorful Midwestern Home Filled with Flea Market Finds, 10 Second Studio Tour with Amelie Mancini