The weather report is tempting us with promises of warmer weather this weekend, so our D*S team is packing up and heading outside to soak up some sun. We’ve got some exciting peeks coming up next week, from great hotels and home interiors to a look inside the lives of our favorite photographers. Also, a roundup of the BEST home fabrics around. Until Monday, we hope you all have a wonderful weekend! xo, grace
Best of The Web This Week:
- Per usual, Wes Anderson’s Grand Budapest Hotel looks amazing. This story on the graphic design in the film knocked my socks off.
- An interesting piece in the NY Times on the transgendered community in pop culture. While the ‘pop’/trend part of this isn’t my favorite, I think greater visibility and representation of all people in the creative community is a great, great thing.
- 23 Great AirBnB listings at R29 that are definitely worth booking.
- Gluten-Free desserts over at What Katie Ate are perfect for Easter meals.
- Probably the best and most clever video interview ever. 73 Questions with SJP at Vogue.com
- Kids recreate Oscar couples. Adorable tiny Pharrell and Helen!
- Ask a Grown Woman: Mary Lambert. “Live unapologetically, and screw shame, because no one needs it.” Great interview at Rookie.
- Clothes inspiration from classic fashion films. Hello, Clueless and Romi and Michelle’s High School Reunion.
Best of D*S This Week:
- Must Reads: #DSMirrors Hashtag Challenge, 10 Favorite Things: Leela Cyd and Teresa of Tiro Tiro Studio, 10 Second Tours: Home of The Brave, Young In The Mountains and NYC Dover Street Market, Great Artwork at Home
- In the Kitchen With: Allison Kave’s Shaker Citrus Pie
- Biz Ladies: Profile: Jocelyn Rahm of Beam & Anchor, Saving For Major Life + Business Events
- City Guide: 24 hours in Savannah, Georgia with Cheryl Day
- Before and After: A 1950s Camper Gets A Stylish Overhaul
- Sneak Peeks: Creating a New Home inside a 150-year-old Building, An Oakland Home Filled With Travel Mementos, Panama City’s American Trade Hotel , A Cozy Laurel Canyon Cottage
- DIY Projects: Simple Magazine Holder, Decoupage Marble Fabric Chair
- D*S Newsletter + GIVEAWAY: Shades of Green and We’re Obsessed with Kitchen & Bathroom Fixtures with a $500 giveaway from the team at Decor Planet! To enter, visit Decor Planet and tweet us your favorite product for a spring spruce up @DSGiveaways using #DecorPlanet or tell us on our Facebook page.