Instagram has become my favorite way to stumble upon beautiful new homes, shops and designers. Yesterday I was clicking around our #dsnicerug hashtag and stumbled onto a home the featured the gorgeous work of Sarah Ellison. Sarah is the Style Editor at Real Living Magazine in Australia, but she also designed a stunning line of wallpaper that I can’t get enough of. Her brand new ‘Light of Heart‘ collection is the sort of soft watery look I crave when the temperatures start to rise and I can’t wait to see in person. In the meantime, you can check out (and shop) the full collection online right here. xo, grace
Best of the Web This Week:
- Scale of the Universe: I can’t stop playing with this incredible site that lets you compare the size of EVERYTHING in the universe, from plants and bugs to mountains and planets.
- The Top Ramen Spots in NYC: If you’re ever in town, these are the places to hit. I’m going to have to brave the cold for one of these this weekend.
- Martha Stewart did an “Ask Me Anything” on Reddit: IT IS AMAZING. Her prison nickname? Martha dishes all.
- It takes a huge team to make a Wes Anderson aesthetic vision happen. Here’s a look at the work of the lead graphic designer on the Grand Budapest Hotel.
- Beyond the Monocle: A funny take on possible future hipster trends.
- Chanel created a FULL SHOPPING MARKET for their show: The details in the food packaging are MIND BLOWING. (Check Instagram for more close-up images)
- Australian rapper Iggy Azalea recreated Clueless for her video and I love it. Lyrics not safe for work, FYI.
Best of DS This week:
- Alder & Co. Giveaway: Enter here for the $500 Giveaway!
- Must-Reads: Facing Your Fears: Learner’s Permit Edition, #DSArt Challenge, We Want Your Job: Set Designer, A Day In The Life: Russell Whitmore of Erie Basin, 24 Hours In Austin with Keith Kreeger
- Before and After: A Plain Jane House Gets a Mind-Blowing Makeover
- 10 Favorite Things: Jamie Beck and Caitlin Mociun
- Recipes: Kristina’s Ham, Egg, and Basil Sandwich, Kristina’s Dark ‘n’ Stormy
- 10 Second Shop Tour: Judy Ross Textiles
- Biz Ladies: Profile: Amelie Mancini, Networking to Grow Your Brand, Part Two
- Sneak Peeks: A Southern Home Filled with Color and Vintage Finds, A Studio in Los Angeles, A Life-Size Cabinet of Curiosities, Bohemian Living in London
- Decorating: Shelf Brackets, Dado Rail, Wainscoting vs. Beadboard, 20 Great Collections and Ways to Display Them
- D*S Newsletter: Early Easter! + Giveaway with Rolling Door Designs – Win a awesome rolling door hardware kit! Tell us your favorite hardware style on Twitter @DSGiveaways or our Facebook page to win! Sign up for the newsletter here.