In the world of creative social media there are stars and then there are superstars. Photographer Alice Gao definitely falls into superstar territory. Her beautiful photographs of life in New York City have built her a following of over 711,000 followers on Instagram and she continues to inspire thousands more with her photos of daily life. While I feel familiar with some of Alice’s favorite things from her Instagram feed (she almost makes me want a second cup of coffee), I was curious to dig deeper into her daily life as a food and lifestyle photographer. Thankfully Alice was kind enough to oblige and today she’s giving us a peek at a day in her life. I for one am very happy that day includes cat “harassment.” I’m glad I’m not the only one who spends a few moments a day trying to get their cat to be cuddly. Thanks so much to Alice for sharing these photos with us! xo, grace
Click through for the full Day In The Life after the jump!
1) I’m so not a morning person, so I can’t do anything until I make a proper cup of coffee.
2) After I properly caffeinate, I head back upstairs to make the bed. I live in a loft and this bedroom area never gets much light.
3) I don’t have any shoots today, so I answer emails/send out invoices/edit any photos I need to — basically, all the (boring) behind-the-scenes stuff.
4) Not a day goes by where I don’t make time to harass my cat for a bit.
5) It’s a ripped jeans kind of day! Time to head out.
6) Lunch meetings at Buvette are the best. Suddenly 2.5 hours pass by…
7) A heap of chocolate mousse ends the meal on a high note. Plus, I hear chocolate is good for you.
8) I pause real quick to snap this building in the West Village, as I admire the type on it.
9) I head uptown for some errands but make a pit stop at the Frick Collection museum for inspiration. No photos are allowed, sadly, so I sneak this one in when no one’s watching.
10) I end my errands at Bergdorf Goodman, which is just a magical place to me. I linger over the Astier de Villatte collection, debating if I should add a piece to my small prop collection.
11) Somehow I’ve ended up at Maialino (where I find myself far too often) with good friends, great wine and more desserts than we should be allowed to eat. Another day of leisure done right.