A Cozy Laurel Canyon Cottage

I’ve become somewhat obsessed with following Homepolish and their designers on Instagram because they have such a wide network of projects that there’s always something new to see. And I have an unlimited amount of room in my brain for pictures of pretty houses. This week they posted a beautiful new home in Los Angeles and Noa was kind enough to let me share it here on D*S today, too.

Matt and Andrew are the owners of this gorgeous Laurel Canyon cottage and they used a mix of family heirlooms and pieces collected during their travels to decorate. I love the mix of old and new in the space – it could have run a little too sparse and white without all of their treasured vintage and flea market finds, but those bits of added texture and pattern really bring it all together. I can’t stop staring at the combo of their yellow velvet chair and a beautiful piece of brown and white mud cloth-style fabric. It’s perfection. I love any home that feels decorated but still lived in and this one does that so well for me. Throw in a cute dog and some glossy black doors and I’m sold. Well done, guys. Click here to see more over at Homepolish. xo, grace

Click through to see the full home tour after the jump!

1. Emma says:

Gorgeous! There’s so much to love here, but I’m really amused by the lamp in the last picture and how it reminds me of the hat in the Devo music videos!

2. Amy says:

Ugh my dream house!

3. Suzette Nguyen says:

This space is inspirational. Looks like there’s a lot of natural light <3

4. Gillianne says:

White walls, loads of textiles, and a cottage in Laurel Canyon. That’s pretty close to Eden to me. Bonus points for the cute dog that stays on the dark band of fabric draped across the bed.

5. maggie says:

I love this. I dream of the day I get my own cottage with my partner in Laurel Canyon.

6. Gorgeous, I like the dog looking through the window!

7. Taylor says:

STUNNING!!! In LOVE with this space!

8. Lianne says:

Any chance of finding out what the green paint in the bathroom is? I feel I’ve been searching for that colour all my life.

9. Beautiful, and I *love* those French door in the bathroom!

10. anne says:

So quaint. Love the clean white walls and ceiling.

11. John says:

I too have an “unlimited amount of room in my brain for pictures of pretty houses”
    haha… Thanks DS ! for this post, and for doin what you do….

12. Aww, love the dogs. House is gorgeous, love the black accents like the gloss door in the bedroom and that pretty patterned pillow on the armchair. Black just makes everything pop!

13. flavia says:

lovely bathroom windows! and black patent door!

14. trinnnity says:

to me, the bathroom looks similar to a color I have used and love, Soft Fern by Ben. Moore. But I didn’t have all those wondows and light!

15. Victoria says:

Add this to my Laurel Canyon dream home list.

16. Jill says:

Beautiful but I can’t get past the picture on the wall under the staircase.