10 Second Studio Tour: Young In The Mountains

As much as I love New York, there are some days when I find myself lost in the Instagram feeds of designers and makers in beautiful, mountainous areas that make me so, so envious. One of my favorites is Mariele Williams of Young in the Mountains. Mariele makes beautiful jewelry using recycled silver and makes all of her work from a lovely studio in Boulder, Colorado. Born and raised in Montana, Mariele grew up with parents who were talented wooden boat builders and avid gardeners. The act of making and working with natural materials is in her blood (she made her first piece of jewelry at age 5!) and shows in her jewelry and ceramic designs. I was so curious to peek inside her studio and thankfully, Mariele and her friend, photographer Kelly Ishikawa, obliged and took some gorgeous photos for a quick studio tour. I love seeing where beautiful things are made, so this is a real treat to visit a space without being able to go there physically. Thanks so much to Mariele and Kelly for this peek inside the studio! xo, grace

Click through for the full studio tour after the jump!

Mariele_studio1

image_3

image_4_1

image_4

image_6

image_10

1. jennifer says:

Nice juxtaposition of the rustic vintagy studio (love the tableau with the aqua deer) and modern (yet organic) work.

2. Taylor says:

So stunning!

xoxo
    Taylor

3. Batya says:

Beautiful work and video! I discovered Mariele a while back through her Instagram feed. When we left Brooklyn and headed west for the mountains (we live in Denver, not Boulder), I was committed to searching out local artisans and crafters…and she popped onto my radar! In fact I love her work so much that I even featured her Wave plates in my “Friday Favorites” post last week. SO glad she’s getting attention here! Now come out to the mountains already….great things are happening here! Loved this post. Her work is stunning!

4. Nicole says:

LOVE her work. It’s gorgeous. And love that she works with all-natural materials. Def have a new instagram feed to follow!

5. Laura says:

Mariele is a true beauty and a genuine soul of the West. Her work is fantastic and I’m so happy to see her studio here on DS!
    -LCB

6. Scott says:

As a visual artist I love these glimpses into another creator’s working space.
    Please give us more of these! (Loyal reader since around 2008)
    Scott from Cape Town

7. frivs says:

Those were probably some of the most uncomfortable position I could ever lay on..

8. g9g says:

very nice . thank you for sharing