Make Your Own: DIY Beaded Necklace

Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. My girly side loves the pink, the flowers and the hearts (not to mention that Conversation Hearts are pretty much my favorite candy.) What I don’t like about the holiday is the idea that you have wait for someone to buy you the flowers, candy or jewelry. I am not a fan of waiting. So this month, we decided to share a few projects around the “don’t wait for it, make it” theme. Yesterday, we shared a DIY flower arrangement and in the spirit of our Catbird giveaway, we’re going to also share some DIY jewelry projects. This one is from Lindsay Kujawa of Delighted Momma who, in addition to her fantastic DIYs, also shares her experience of living with Type 1 Diabetes. Thanks, Lindsay! –Amy

The full how-to is after the jump…

1. Begin by taking a small chunk of clay off the block and condition it in between your hands until it is soft and pliable. Roll out your clay beads by taking a small piece of clay from the piece you just conditioned and make a little ball in between the palms of your hands.  Make you beads different sizes for a more eclectic look.

2. Once you have all your beads rolled out, use the piercing tool or toothpick to poke a hole into  the center of each bead.

3. Place all of your beads onto a designated craft baking sheet and bake according to clay directions. I baked mine at 270 degrees for 25 minutes.

Design Sponge DIY Jewelry
4. String all your beads onto the cotton cord into whatever pattern you wish. Tie a knot on the back or attach a closure and you are done!

1. leela says:

these are so dang cute!!

2. Urban Wife says:

Absolutely adorable! I love the colors you picked.

3. Payal says:

Lovely colors! Girls are always so loving, no wonder we LOVE PINK! :)

4. Hollie says:

I would love the make this, but with some sort of coating on them to make them shiny! Very cute!

5. Megan says:

Love Lindsay’s DIYs and her blog!

6. Amanda T says:

I made mine last night and it came out beautifully! thanks for the great DIY ideas.

7. Joann DeCosta says:

elegant! Like

8. Migdelia says:

I just love the colors! Soooo elegant and chic!