Jen Altman Desktop Wallpaper

I was Googling some old Design*Sponge Desktop Wallpapers to show a friend an example and realized that the last time started this series, it was for Design*Sponge’s 5th birthday. It’s funny how fast time goes by! Now we’re celebrating the Big 10 and I’m thrilled to have the wallpapers back and to have a chance to work more closely with some of my favorite artists.

To go along with our gem series this month, I decided to head straight to my favorite photographer of gems and minerals, Jen Altman of Cisthene. Jen’s book, Gem and Stone, is one of the most beautiful books I’ve ever owned and the way she highlighted the natural beauty, color and light found in gems and minerals really captured the essence of each. Jen has been selling prints of her gem prints online but today she’s sharing a big beautiful Amethyst photo (the official birthstone of February!) to use as our wallpaper this month. Thanks so much to Jen for sharing this gorgeous image with all of us- I hope it adds a little color to everyone’s screens this month.

1. KikiT says:

These are great! I just downloaded the background for my computer and want to use one for my phone too, but the selection for the cell phone is really blurry. Can a different section of the photo be selected?

2. Arielle says:

Beautiful! This looks great on my computer background. Question–I wanted to use the link you provided for my phone too, but the image is blurrier than the desktop version. Is that on purpose? Thanks, Grace and Jen!

3. Monica says:

Love it! Plus some surges of nostalgia looking back at some of the old wallpapers–I alternated Betsy’s, Mike’s, and Lena’s for a while. d*s history!

4. Rachel says:

Love this! Amethyst is my birthstone and it made me so happy to see this today.
    I am also wondering if there is something going on with the phone image; I would love to use it but it looks rather blurry.

5. Abigail says:

The D*S RSS feed has been broken for over a week. I’ve seen other comments saying so, but no reply. Is this being worked on? Thanks!

1. Grace Bonney says:

yep, i’ve commented on this a bunch online and under posts. it should be fixed today.

6. Abigail says: